• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Questions about forms DSP-122 and DS-230

Ent1

Hello,

I have a couple questions regarding the forms DSP-122 and DS-230. I made a brief search and couldn't find the answers, sorry if they have been asked and answered before.

DSP-122 Q6b and DS-230 Q33
Here you are asked to list all educational institutions attended, not completed. I am currently attending university, but I am at least a year away from completing it. Should I list the university with the indication that I don't have the diploma yet?

DS-230 Q1 and Q3
While my native language uses the latin alphabet, my last name has characters that are not used in English (such as an o with umlaut "ö").
Example:
Q1: Erwin Schrodinger
Q3: Erwin Schrödinger
Should I write my full name again in Q3 with the umlaut, or is Q1 enough and I should leave Q3 blank?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Hello,

I have a couple questions regarding the forms DSP-122 and DS-230. I made a brief search and couldn't find the answers, sorry if they have been asked and answered before.

DSP-122 Q6b and DS-230 Q33
Here you are asked to list all educational institutions attended, not completed. I am currently attending university, but I am at least a year away from completing it. Should I list the university with the indication that I don't have the diploma yet?

Indicate all of your educational background from elementary school, high school and university. There is a section which I believe asks highest level of education obtained so you can write in there University - In Progress or University - Not Graduated Yet

DS-230 Q1 and Q3
While my native language uses the latin alphabet, my last name has characters that are not used in English (such as an o with umlaut "ö").
Example:
Q1: Erwin Schrodinger
Q3: Erwin Schrödinger
Should I write my full name again in Q3 with the umlaut, or is Q1 enough and I should leave Q3 blank?

Write your last/family name and given name exactly as how it is in your passport. Don't have any discrepancy because your passport will be your processing document where they will place your DV visa so to speak.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Case No - DV2013AF0007XXXX (applied the first time and got it the first time - lucky me lol)
Entry Checked - 1st May 2012
Forms Sent To KCC - 10th May 2012
Received By KCC - 12th May 2012
Confirmation From KCC - 25th May 2012 after I sent them an email
2nd NL - Not Yet
Police Clearance - Not Yet
Medicals - Not Yet
Interviews - Hopefully in mid-August
Visa Pick up - Hopefully in mid-August
Port of Entry - New York JFK

Expire Date on Forms

Hi,
I noticed there is expire date written on the forms.

DSP-122: Expire 03/31/2013
DS-230: Expire 02/29/2012

Are these valid to use?

^Yeah I'm concerned about those too.

Also, are we supposed to list elementary schools too or just high school and colleges?

^Yeah I'm concerned about those too.

Also, are we supposed to list elementary schools too or just high school and colleges?

Hey Tew, salamna (I hope I spelt that right!).

High school and colleges would suffice. It is entirely up to you to put down whatever information you want before high school because it is a given that if you graduated high school then you surely must have gone through elementary.

Selam Momo1980 :)

Thanks for your reply. I decided to list my high school and colleges on the form itself, then list my elementary schools on the separate additional sheet.

Form DS 230, re: American Citizen Child

Hello,
item 29 on DS 230 requires that you list ALL children. Although it was clear in the lottery application that you should not mention your US citizen dependants, it is not the case here. Should I mention my 8 year-old US citizen son? Thanks.

By the way Momo1980, do the expiration dates on the forms make a difference? I can't find any updated ones.

Hi,
I noticed there is expire date written on the forms.

DSP-122: Expire 03/31/2013
DS-230: Expire 02/29/2012

Are these valid to use?

Are they?

I submitted the same question to the KCC. How prompt should we expect them to reply to questions?

DS 230 Address of petioner

Hi,
What is meant by petitioner in item 39 of form DS 230.
it is usually used for someone who is sponsoring your application. but it doesn't apply for the DV, does it?

Hello,
item 29 on DS 230 requires that you list ALL children. Although it was clear in the lottery application that you should not mention your US citizen dependants, it is not the case here. Should I mention my 8 year-old US citizen son? Thanks.

Dali mention your kids on the forms even if they are US citizens. The authorities need to know who you will be with or won't.

By the way Momo1980, do the expiration dates on the forms make a difference? I can't find any updated ones.

Not that I'm aware of. I used the same forms. If the KCC needs you to fill in new forms they will put the forms up accordingly for you to download.

Hi,
What is meant by petitioner in item 39 of form DS 230.
it is usually used for someone who is sponsoring your application. but it doesn't apply for the DV, does it?

The petitioner is either the person applying for the lottery (yourself if you are able to support yourself) or a US citizen who is going to be your host and therefore provide you with an I-134 Affidavit of Support (single applicants) or I-864 (family based applicants).

In my case I am my own petitioner but I am still taking an I-134 from my uncle in the US just for the sake of it. It just carries more weight so to speak.

Case No - DV2013AF0007XXXX (applied the first time and got it the first time - lucky me lol)
2nd NL - Not Yet
Medicals - Not Yet

addresses

I am citizen of Tunisia living in Saudi Arabia.

Does it matter where I choose to have my interview.

They ask for address in a couple of occasions

item 3 on DSP 122, current address
item 13 on DS-230, present address
item 39, address of petitioner

Unless it would hurt my chances to move from Saudi before the interview (I don't expect it before 12 months, given my high case number) I would prefer Tunis as the place of my interview. However, it is not neither my current or present address. I would call tunisia my permanent address, but could it be considered my current/present address as it is my home country?

If you have a high case number you'll be in for a 16 month ride like me and many of the high case number applicants from the AF and AS region.

Put your address information the way it is.

The petitioner will either be you or your host in the US.

confusion

Hi
I am from nepal n I am living at london for 3 years only,..so can I do the processing from london n can I write London embassy as nearest embassy in the form???
Furthermore, do we need a letter from som1 stayg at us???

Hi
I am from nepal n I am living at london for 3 years only,..so can I do the processing from london n can I write London embassy as nearest embassy in the form???
Furthermore, do we need a letter from som1 stayg at us???

Hey Bini, you can have your interview in London and you'll need police certificates from both London and Nepal.

You also need an I-134 affidavit of support from someone in the US (if applicable - that is the petitioner) unless you have sufficient finances you can be a self-petitioner.

2nd NL - Not Yet
Medicals - Not Yet