Questions about Child Born Abroad to Lawful Permanent Resident (LPR)

whynotlh

I am reading the article from U.S. Customs and Boarder protection about child born abroad, and it mentioned:

"Your child is not required to obtain an immigrant visa to travel to the United States provided that:

• He or she was born during the LPR mother’s temporary visit abroad,
  • The child’s admission to the United States will be within two years of birth, and
  • The accompanying LPR parent (mother or father) is making his/her first entry into the United States since the child’s birth."
so, if the father(green card holder) goes back to the US without the kids, and the mother(also a green card holder) later goes back to the US with the kids (for example, a month later), do the kids need immigration visa? Anyone runs into similar situation? Thanks if anyone know the answer!

If it's the mother's first return to the US after the child's birth, then the child doesn't need an immigrant visa. (You said "kids"; did they have multiple kids born during the mother's single stay abroad?)

If it's the mother's first return to the US after the child's birth, then the child doesn't need an immigrant visa. (You said "kids"; did they have multiple kids born during the mother's single stay abroad?)

Thanks for the reply. Yes, we are expecting twins this year. However, I need to leave my home country and go back to U.S. first due to job, and my wife needs to apply SB-1 visa and brings the kids back to U.S. later. So based on your information, as long as the mother returned to the U.S. first time with the kids, and our twin kids do not need immigration visa, is it correct?