Questions about address change

HomerSimp

Registered Users (C)
Hi Friends

I applied for citizenship, went for finger prints and waiting for my IL.
I have moved to an apartment with in city and got a couple of
questions regarding address change:

1) Do I need to send AR-11 form?
2) Does the AR-11 form takes care of my N-400 address change?
3) Which number do I need to call to confirm my new address? I live
in Seattle.
4) How much time should I give after I send the AR-11 form to confirm
my address change?

Please help me.

Thanks
Homer

A1: Yes
A2: No, the AR-11 only fulfills the requirement to report your change of address to USCIS. You should also send a letter updating your address to your DO and SC.
A3: Your local DO and SC numbers, if they exist.
A4: Million dollar question. Just make sure you can someone get all mail addrressed to your old address.

Hi Friends

I applied for citizenship, went for finger prints and waiting for my IL.
I have moved to an apartment with in city and got a couple of
questions regarding address change:

1) Do I need to send AR-11 form?
2) Does the AR-11 form takes care of my N-400 address change?
3) Which number do I need to call to confirm my new address? I live
in Seattle.
4) How much time should I give after I send the AR-11 form to confirm
my address change?

Please help me.

Thanks
Homer

1. Answer: Yes, you need to send AR-11. Certain customers are legally obligated to inform USCIS when they move regardless of whether they have a case pending, approved, or denied. If you are not a U.S. citizen and you have moved, you must complete a Form AR-11 and submit it within ten days of the completion of the move for legal purposes. U.S. Citizens are not required to complete a Form AR-11.

Regardless of whether you are or are not a citizen, if you have previously submitted a Form I-864 on behalf of someone who has become a permanent resident, you must also complete a Form I-865 within ten days of the completion of the move for legal purposes.

2) Answer is no. For case processing purposes, a customer should inform USCIS of any address change as soon after the completion of the move as possible. This way, the customer will receive any notices or documents related to their case in a timely fashion.

3) Use USCIS phone number or you can go to the local DO but you have to make an infopass appointment to notify your change of address and/or confirm the address.

4) Unknown. But be aware: sometimes USCIS won't forward your notices to your new address if the address is still old. Make sure to call USCIS or go to the local DO.

hi i have changed my address on the internet with uscis i guess that was ar11 but i never applied for i-865 and i didn't inform local do,i am conditional resident and i am applying for permanet green card in 2 days,what should i do?

Nightash

Call the customer service number to make sure your address was updated.

Also go to your Local DO and update the address for reassurance.

In your Conditional Residence removal form..., use the new address.

Make sure all you send to USCIS has your old documents and also the lease or

aggreement about your new address.

Is your spouses name on the new lease? if not put it with yours.:)

1. Read the uscis guid on what to mail.
2. send the specified information of what they need.
3. make copies of everything you send to them.
4. Make sure you send only the specified stuff (Joint taxes past 3years, lease, insurance, joint bank accout, marriage certificate, child birth certificate (if any), utility bills (Joint)

At least send them the past 4 months of the requied stuff.

When i did mine, i sent an enclosed letter stating me and my spouses my intention to remove condition click the link
below for a sample:
http://www.immihelp.com/greencard/familybasedimmigration/sample-cover-letter-remove-conditions.html

Make sure you edit and change the information on that sample letter so that it suits your situation

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi I am waiting for my oath letter. I have moved to other street in the same city. Should I change address at USCIS right way. I have informed my local post office to forward my mails to new address so I won't miss any letter. I am really in need to getting oath letter someday and I thought changing address at USCIS might delay my case. Please guys advise if it is ok to forward letters to my new mailing address through post office.

Hi I am waiting for my oath letter. I have moved to other street in the same city. Should I change address at USCIS right way. I have informed my local post office to forward my mails to new address so I won't miss any letter. I am really in need to getting oath letter someday and I thought changing address at USCIS might delay my case. Please guys advise if it is ok to forward letters to my new mailing address through post office.

see i know what you feel because i am in the same situation. You want to get that oath letter and at the same time you don't want violate something by not reporting your change of address.
Changing your address should not delay your case. From experience as you can see in my time line below USCIS handle change of address in a pretty efficient way. What i recommend is to call USCIS & follow the steps for change of address & someone will answer you & take your new address. You can ask that person if you should change your address & they are probably going to tell you yes that you have to. I wouldn't worry though if you had already pass the interview. good luck