Questions 13 and 14 on PIO card application in Indian Consulate NY

citizenship_app

Registered Users (C)
Hello All,

I am former Indian citizen and want to apply for PIO card for myself. Do I need to mention my parent's passports for Q13? If yes, do I need notarized copies of my parent's passports to attach to application? Are answers for Q14 same as Q13, or do I have to provide proof of residence for my parents in India, specifically for year 1999? Thanks for your help.

Q13:Whether the applicant or his/her parents or grandparents and great-grandparents held an Indian passport at anytime. If yes, please provide details.

Q14:Whether the applicant or his/her parents or grandparents and great-grandparents was born and was permanent resident in territories falling in present day India, as on the day of notification of the Scheme, 30.3.1999. If so, please provide details.

Hi citizenship_app,

I was reading through your prior threads about your N-400 denial and appeal. Do you mind sharing your experience of your appeal process? I am very interested to know about your experience as I too have few traffic tickets. I am sure there are others who would like to know as well.

Congratulations for you N-400 approval. You went through a lot and fought to get what you deserve.

regards

Hello All,

I am former Indian citizen and want to apply for PIO card for myself. Do I need to mention my parent's passports for Q13? If yes, do I need notarized copies of my parent's passports to attach to application? Are answers for Q14 same as Q13, or do I have to provide proof of residence for my parents in India, specifically for year 1999? Thanks for your help.

Q13:Whether the applicant or his/her parents or grandparents and great-grandparents held an Indian passport at anytime. If yes, please provide details.

Q14:Whether the applicant or his/her parents or grandparents and great-grandparents was born and was permanent resident in territories falling in present day India, as on the day of notification of the Scheme, 30.3.1999. If so, please provide details.

since you had indian pp it is not required. say no or n/a