Question

3DM

Registered Users (C)
I am staying in NJ (from 3 yrs) and my employer is in Fairfax,VA. I have a NJ driving license. In my I-485 and all the other correspondence my employer's guest house address is used as permanent address and my NJ address as Temporary address. For my FP I had to travel to Alexandria virginia.When I asked my attorney he said my case has been filed as itinerary worker which is accepted by INS (also standard). My question or concern is when I go for stamping after getting approval I need to go to the Arlington office, if the officer wants to see my Drivers license it would be NJ license. Will it be a problem? Anyone in the same boat?

Thanks
3DM

I have posted this under pkala's thread too.

As far as I understand all they want to see is government issued picture ID. So why don't you use your passport for identification purposes? Just don't show them your driver's licence unless they specifically ask for it.

Thanks

I agree regarding some form of ID but in pkala's post he mentioned that IIO asked for his MD license. I was just hat may happen if he asks for my DL.
Any thoughts..

3DM

You may have multiple address

You may have multiple addresses... from what I know. You may mention that you maintain your VA address too but currently live in NJ duet job/client requirements and you plan to come back as soon as you can.

Did you file your taxes in VA or NJ.... Sorry to add another twist to your saga. Thought you should not overlook it.

Thanks for your helpful reply

I filed my taxes in NJ for the last three years. Does it have any impact?
Thanks
3DM

Once you got your approval and going for stamping, they don't deny it just based on your Driver's license. Show your passport or EAD as your ID if you don't want to show the license.