Question

NYStu

Registered Users (C)
Hi there, sorry about my ignorance but new to this whole thing... When people talk about priority date, what exactly are they talking about?

Thanks

Hi there, sorry about my ignorance but new to this whole thing... When people talk about priority date, what exactly are they talking about?

Thanks

that's for green card processing. If the immigration website says current, then your priority date is disregarded and let your immigration petition be processed right away. If the immigration website says specific date, then if your priority date doesn't meet that date, it means your petition will not be processed right away until it passed the date or current. priority date is receipt date or something that they received.

that's for green card processing. If the immigration website says current, then your priority date is disregarded and let your immigration petition be processed right away. If the immigration website says specific date, then if your priority date doesn't meet that date, it means your petition will not be processed right away until it passed the date or current. priority date is receipt date or something that they received.

So what about the PD date you have in your signature, is that the date your N-400 was received?

Thanks

So what about the PD date you have in your signature, is that the date your N-400 was received?

Thanks

Yes, correct. it doesn't mean anything.. It is always current for N-400. :) (only it depends on the District office processing time).

Thanks

After mailing N-400 app, you will a notice from USCIS saying they have received your N-400 app. That notice will have a priority date. I think they (atleast, in theory) process the applications in the order of priority date, I am not 100% sure. It is also useful to compare timelines with others with close priority dates.