Question????????

succints

Registered Users (C)
My wife(USC) resides in MD and i was residing in NY before we gat married.
i moved to MD when my EAD came and started looking for a job. i recently had a job offer(better pay and incentives) in NY. My question is if i take this job and tell the IO at the day of my interview that i work in NY........is he gonna believe my story( i mean convinced we're married).....or i should just keep searching for another job in MD. Does it matter where i'll be living and where i'll be working? I need ur views fellow forumers. thanx

don't fool yourself, of course it matters and it'll raise big questions if you're not living together, i suggest find another job in MD, and save yourself a big headache later on.

Or your wife move to New York and notify them of address changes. That can really delay things.

Getting a job is not easy so if you feel that you need to take this job,take and document your coming and going (over the weekends). Set up everything with Maryland address (joint stuff). Everything that will establish that the two of you are together and marriage is legit. USCIS can't dictate where you work. Just make it work for your cause.

NeShawn said:
Or your wife move to New York and notify them of address changes. That can really delay things.

Getting a job is not easy so if you feel that you need to take this job,take and document your coming and going (over the weekends). Set up everything with Maryland address (joint stuff). Everything that will establish that the two of you are together and marriage is legit. USCIS can't dictate where you work. Just make it work for your cause.
exactly my sentiments.......i already have de bills in our names(me and my wife), statements and our car insurance. im trying to stay wit my friend as a roomate and then will go back to my wife on friday nights and return to work on monday morning. my wife is cool with that(since she also stays on campus on weekdays anyways) and wants me to take that job. i dont want no IO to be asking me why u living here and ur wife bla bla bla........so i still dunno what to do. very difficult to find a job nowadays.

succints said:
exactly my sentiments.......i already have de bills in our names(me and my wife), statements and our car insurance. im trying to stay wit my friend as a roomate and then will go back to my wife on friday nights and return to work on monday morning. my wife is cool with that(since she also stays on campus on weekdays anyways) and wants me to take that job. i dont want no IO to be asking me why u living here and ur wife bla bla bla........so i still dunno what to do. very difficult to find a job nowadays.

All you have to say is that you commute over the weekends and days off. Wife is in college. You too sound like you are geared for success. I wish you the best.

Try posting your question on this website and see what other advice you can get. I think that if you just document and maintain paper trail, you should be okay (emails discussing family matters, planned visits, etc., etc., save travel tickets., get a cam with date stamp and take pics throughout relationship. )These things along with joint documentation should be sufficient :)
http://en.allexperts.com/q/Immigration-Issues-344/indexExp_979.htm

NeShawn said:
All you have to say is that you commute over the weekends and days off. Wife is in college. You too sound like you are geared for success. I wish you the best.

Try posting your question on this website and see what other advice you can get. I think that if you just document and maintain paper trail, you should be okay (emails discussing family matters, planned visits, etc., etc., save travel tickets., get a cam with date stamp and take pics throughout relationship. )These things along with joint documentation should be sufficient :)
http://en.allexperts.com/q/Immigration-Issues-344/indexExp_979.htm

thanx for ur response.........im still in a "fix" tho. :confused:

succints said:
My wife(USC) resides in MD and i was residing in NY before we gat married.
i moved to MD when my EAD came and started looking for a job. i recently had a job offer(better pay and incentives) in NY. My question is if i take this job and tell the IO at the day of my interview that i work in NY........is he gonna believe my story( i mean convinced we're married).....or i should just keep searching for another job in MD. Does it matter where i'll be living and where i'll be working? I need ur views fellow forumers. thanx

Hi:

On the face of the facts, as you provide them, I do not see that there will necessarily be a problem. There are many families in the US who commute between one place in the week for work, and another place over the weekend for home.

Just be honest about it. It is almost certain that the interviewer will ask about the situation. Explain that it is a wonderful job, pays well, you commute home every weekend, your wife is very busy in the week studying anyway etc. etc. Present plenty of other proof of your relationship.

Good luck.

pianoplayer said:
Hi:

On the face of the facts, as you provide them, I do not see that there will necessarily be a problem. There are many families in the US who commute between one place in the week for work, and another place over the weekend for home.

Just be honest about it. It is almost certain that the interviewer will ask about the situation. Explain that it is a wonderful job, pays well, you commute home every weekend, your wife is very busy in the week studying anyway etc. etc. Present plenty of other proof of your relationship.

Good luck.
Thanx for all ur help..........very well/much appreciated.