question

sarasota

Registered Users (C)
my friend's uncle has filed I-130 for my friend's family, but the lawyer is not being of much help. I am wondering whether BCIS would give out information on what petitions are pending and whether an EAD is possible.

Thanks much

I don't understand quite well what is the case here.

You are saying that your friend's uncle, meaning that his uncle petitioned for your friend's mother or dad right? or is an employment case? If that is the case is a sibling petition that is taking around 12 years. If they have a lawyer, then the lawyer should answer all their doubts and if not then hire another lawyer.

When the petition was file? (time)

EAD is just for people who are in adjustment of status, and they just have a petition filed in their behalf. So from what you are disclosing here they are not able to have an EAD yet.

thanks

thanks for the reply and sorry for not being very clear

I-130 Application filed in 2/2001 for my friend's father. All family members are dependent beneficiaries.

1. Lawyer is saying they have to wait to apply 485 until 130 is approved which could be another 5 years or so.

2. Because my friend wants to work, I am wondering about the options

sarasota said:
thanks for the reply and sorry for not being very clear

I-130 Application filed in 2/2001 for my friend's father. All family members are dependent beneficiaries.

1. Lawyer is saying they have to wait to apply 485 until 130 is approved which could be another 5 years or so.

2. Because my friend wants to work, I am wondering about the options

In other words your friend's uncle applied for his brother? Correct?

They must wait until their priority date is current and there is a visa number available so they can apply for adjustment of status if they are in the US. When your friend (as a derivative beneficiary) are able to apply for adjustment of status then part of that process the person can apply for work authorization.

Last edited by a moderator: