Question

dragonking

Registered Users (C)
MY 485 ND is 3/2003. I haven't received FP1 yet.

My wife(who is a homemaker) has to go to India (to take care of her father, who has undergone surgery). She wants to be there for as long as possible.

She doesn't care about EAD2 (as she is not planning to work and we never applied EAD1 for her). But she is worried about FP1. If the notice comes to our home in US, she will be in India. how can she give her FP then?

Can she do it in India(at one of the consulates) or is there any other way out?

dragonking said:
MY 485 ND is 3/2003. I haven't received FP1 yet.

My wife(who is a homemaker) has to go to India (to take care of her father, who has undergone surgery). She wants to be there for as long as possible.

She doesn't care about EAD2 (as she is not planning to work and we never applied EAD1 for her). But she is worried about FP1. If the notice comes to our home in US, she will be in India. how can she give her FP then?

Can she do it in India(at one of the consulates) or is there any other way out?

Why don't you try giving the FP without the notice? I remember one member in this forum succeeded and got approved. Explain you situation to them and request them to atleast have you wife's FP taken.

I agree with kmnalluri !!
I managed giving our FP2 and got approved also. Explain the situatuion and tell them that making a trip from India just for FP is too expensive. They will understand.. Good luck...

prasa said:
I agree with kmnalluri !!
I managed giving our FP2 and got approved also. Explain the situatuion and tell them that making a trip from India just for FP is too expensive. They will understand.. Good luck...

Thanks kmnalluri and prasa

How can I convince them to do it. Its painful for her to come all the way just for FP.

How did you manage to do it? DId you talk to Vermont or to your local dist office(like boston, newark etc)? Can you explain it in detail or you can send me a private message.

Your experience will be very useful for me to face this problem

Thanks

dragonking said:

How can I convince them to do it. Its painful for her to come all the way just for FP.

How did you manage to do it? DId you talk to Vermont or to your local dist office(like boston, newark etc)? Can you explain it in detail or you can send me a private message.

Thanks

I am in a similar situation. I have to postpone the appointment to get married nx week. I just returned the 2nd FP notice. I will try to call the 1800 number on the notice to schedule an appointment.

If anyone knows, how long do they usually extend the appointment? 1 month will do wonder for me.

dragonking said:

Thanks

Am not sure if you can give FP1 without the notice (this is not FP2) you can always try. But you can certainly reschedule it to a later date, and you can do it multiple times.

SweatyPalm said:
If anyone knows, how long do they usually extend the appointment? 1 month will do wonder for me.

Depends on the workload of your local ASC, but usually it'll not be less than 3 weeks.

ar888 said:
Depends on the workload of your local ASC, but usually it'll not be less than 3 weeks.

Nice.....I hope this is true for my case. I called the 1800 number today. After about 25 minutes of wait time, the lady told me that she cannot pick an appointment date for me. :(

All I can do now is pray.

dragonking,
I contacted our local INS office not Vermont. I was not sure that time whether they will agree my request or not, just throwed a stone when I went for iEAD. Only thing I told them that I came from 135 miles oneway to reach nearest local INS office. They look at my case and said I may get the notice anytime so you don't have to make an another trip just for FP2, then they took my FP2 lady officer was very polite.

Good Luck

dragonking said:
Thanks

prasa said:
dragonking,
I contacted our local INS office not Vermont. I was not sure that time whether they will agree my request or not, just throwed a stone when I went for iEAD. Only thing I told them that I came from 135 miles oneway to reach nearest local INS office. They look at my case and said I may get the notice anytime so you don't have to make an another trip just for FP2, then they took my FP2 lady officer was very polite.

Good Luck

If you don't mind, can you pls tell which local office it was?
Was it Boston, Newark or Philly? or something else