Question to new US-Citizen That had Interview for Citizenship

Johnben

Registered Users (C)
1/ Did OD ask you how did you have or get your Lawfully Admitted for Permanent Residence "GC" ?
I think this is Basic Requirement for Naturalization

2/Base on 5 years , is one of new citizen was unmarried in applying GC and at N400 applying married did OD ask for the marriage certificate and did OD check the date of your marriage and the date of your GC?

First of all, answering this question doesn't mean I am a citizen, which I am not, yet ;) However, I just had my interview a couple of days ago.

1) Mine didn't ask, but mentioned that I had received it through employment. No other comment was done about it.
2) This was not my case. I can't answer.

Hi

1) yes - asked if I am still married to the same US citizen. Said yes and wanted to show marriage certificate. IO didn't want to waste time. IO read from my application that my wifeis naturalized citizen and asked if I knew when she was naturalized - I showed her naturalization certificate and that was it.
2) does not apply to me

one more thing

I did show green card at the beginning - for identification purposes. I do not know if IO looked how long I was resident.

The IO asked to see my GC early in the interview but did not ask how I got it. That is all in my USCIS records anyway.

I applied under the 5 year rule and so he never asked for marriage certificate at all (tho' I did have it with me, just in case).