• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Question to Lucy_Mo or any experienced forumer

de_lacroixr

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,
I am a DV2005 winner from Africa (AF41XXX). Is there any chance to get called for an interview this year before September? The Cut-off numbers for July 2005 is AF32,800. I am starting to be pessimistic about Green Card through DV... :( :(
What's your experience/feelings/advices about my situation?
Thanks,
Robert

chances to get the GC

Hi.
My case # is 2005AF44xxx, just above yours.
I posted many times about our chances to get the GC. In the end, we have to wait until mid july, to see the advanced cutoff # for september in the august visa bulletin.. Our position in the ranking let me think our probability to get the GC is between 15 and 30% (your probability is now much higher than mine). But I must recognize the DV process (on wich I worked many hours) is not cristal clear at all..
I dont know if we are gonna receive our last package, wich includes things to do before the interview (medical visit...). Have you received it ?
Lets cross our fingers
:)

de_lacroixr said:
Hi All,
I am a DV2005 winner from Africa (AF41XXX). Is there any chance to get called for an interview this year before September? The Cut-off numbers for July 2005 is AF32,800. I am starting to be pessimistic about Green Card through DV... :( :(
What's your experience/feelings/advices about my situation?
Thanks,
Robert

I think you will be called for an interview in September - AF region seems to be lucky this year with the big jumps :)
good luck!

waahooooooo

Outstanding !!!!

32800 -> 39500 !!!!

Hope the jump will be as high for September !!!! :D

bobbb said:
Outstanding !!!!

32800 -> 39500 !!!!

Hope the jump will be as high for September !!!! :D

BOBBB

I am so happy to see the big jump:) . I am worried that it will not give us time to get documents gathered for the interview. Do you have any idea what kind of documents they ask for?

Thanks SUSHI for the good News!

Robert

Documents.

Hi de_lacroixr,

As you can see in the "letter to diversity visa applicants" that you received last year (as I did), they say you have got to gather the following stuffs:

Birth certificates, police certificates, passports, deportation papers, court and prison records, military records, marriage certificates, termination of prior marriage, translations, evidence of required education or work experience, evidence of support.

I think you do have time enough to gather those informations. But I wonder what they want us to translate, and most important: where?

1/ Do we have to find an acredited translator?

2/ Are we supposed to receive a second package, as I read in this forum ? What is inside it ?

Any input would be very much appreciated.

PS I suggest we all guys stay in touch to follow our experience in this final part :)

bobbb said:
Hi de_lacroixr,

As you can see in the "letter to diversity visa applicants" that you received last year (as I did), they say you have got to gather the following stuffs:

Birth certificates, police certificates, passports, deportation papers, court and prison records, military records, marriage certificates, termination of prior marriage, translations, evidence of required education or work experience, evidence of support.

I think you do have time enough to gather those informations. But I wonder what they want us to translate, and most important: where?

1/ Do we have to find an acredited translator?

2/ Are we supposed to receive a second package, as I read in this forum ? What is inside it ?

Any input would be very much appreciated.

PS I suggest we all guys stay in touch to follow our experience in this final part :)

1. I think that we do not need to translate with a certified translator since USCIS accepts translations that are simply notarized. That means that somebody who knows fluently both languages (the language of the document and English) testifies in written that he/she fluently speaks both languages and a notary public certifies the document. That's my opinion. Who knows if this applies to Consular Processing (CP). Most likely it doesn't since usually they need certified translator. What did you chose: Adjustment Of Status (AOS) or CP when you sent the first set of documents to KCC?
2. Definitely we will receive a second pack when a visa number is available. Also it will say where to go and present the above mentioned documents.
P.S. You are right all needed documents for the interview were mentioned in the first pack. But I would trust better the second pack. If there are any changes or additional documents not previousely mentioned they should appear in the second pack.

Yes, let's stay in touch and invite more people with similar situation...!

Some times you might not need the second pack once you get your date of interview you prepare (if the second package stays longer than nessary or you want it faster and your # is current, you go to the local embassy and bet you here in NIgeria they print it out for you.) print it out your date and time of interview if sent to you by Emaill (which is better) and proceed.

I pray Nigeria becom current by sept. and AF go current also ;) . My # is AF 45*** :mad: can you belive that, i learnt some body is having 60***.
but i actually read about 50*** #

its hard to sleep now than ever. :( :mad: