question to Gurus

ranjan

Registered Users (C)
I have received FP. Do they normally send RFE\'s with FP or FP is a separate process, after with they may check to see if any RFE\'s are required? Any details gurus. Thx.

No Title

You are correct... FP has nothing to do with RFEs ! Once the INS center gets your FP results, they decide on issuing an RFE based on other details.

Hope this helps

No Title

I belive these two process are sequential. I mean first they issue FP and once the results are available to them, they may issue RFE or approve I485. However there is a case, where the guy was scheduled for FP on Feb 28th and his case was transferred as well. This has confused me. Can anyone explain this.

Thanks,

No Title

RFE is a result of a process of investigating your case, first your case should be complete for adjucation( which means all the documents and info should be available to the adjucating officer, which includes FP) by going through FP you are completing the phase of completeness for adjucation.

Then the process of adjucation starts where they will look at your documents and make a determination if it is lacking anything or any further documents are necessary to approve the case. If none is identified then your case is approved.

Regarding the cases transferred to Baltimore I found quite a lot of cases transferred to Baltimore some even before FP, that might be for some fundamental reason that is prevalent in the application which requires a personal interview, most cases like RIR,NIW which are not clear cut like Labour certification is forcing the INS for a personal interview.

Hope this helps

No Title

chutney,
U mean to say they will check laborcertification also at the time of adjudication of case.

No Title

rkark: Usually they do not look at the the entire process, but I have seen cases where they actual question the LC process also. But in general they look at the Classification, EB1(NIW)EB2(RIR), EB3(LC), and if you look at the definitions of NIW and RIR there is some room for questions so INS is critical of these cases, and in case of LC they know that you have gone through a rigorous process of advertisement in the local newspaper and the whole recruitment process which is monitored and approved by SESA so they are more sympathetic towards those cases and not question the labour certification process.