Question - Stamping at San Jose

Shasri15

Registered Users (C)
I\'m planning to go for stamping at INS San Jose. My attorney asks me to take a current employment letter or prrof of employment along with other documents.
I have ano problem getting one but was curious to find out if they really ask for this document?? Please advise..
BTW - my I-485 approval notice says go to the local INS office to have your fingerprint and signature token on Form I-89..Is it part of the normal procedure??

Thanks,
Shasri15

No Title

They didn\'t ask for Employment letter for us.
I just took the courtesy copy of the I-485 approval notice , I-94, EAD and AP and 2 photos tp the SAN JOSE INS office

The officer will take finger print on the form I-89 and put a stamp on the passport

No Title

Dont bother about the employment letter. I also panicked at the last minute when I read somewhere about taking the employment letter. They dont even ask - stamping is a very straightforward affair. Having gone through so many checks and balances, stamping is a merely foramlity. You are already a LPR as of the date of your approval. Carry your work ID or a badge if it makes you feel better.