question regaring medical exam for applying I-485

Varicella Vaccination.

Folks,
My wife was told to get a second Varicella shot in 4 - 8 wks time. Does she need to have the second shot before filing I485? This could delay the filing for at least 4 weeks. Did anybody have the same feedback? Thanks a lot.

Not sure about this

Few facts about ppd test:

4.Bigger the size of the "bump" more likely that you have been exposed.

Following is a copy and paste from WebMD:

A firm bump that is 5 mm in size shows a TB infection in people who are in a high-risk group.

A firm bump that is 10 mm in size shows a TB infection in people who are in a moderate-risk group.

A firm bump that is 15 mm in size shows a TB infection in people who are in a low-risk group.

So, unless I misunderstand, sounds to me the bigger/wider the bump, the less the risk.

Stoned!

When i go to the Dr for these tests, Do i get a chance to see the results before or do they give us a SEALED envelope to be sent to USCIS ?

Vaccinations

What vaccinations do I need for the 485 filing? I want to do them before going to the catual doctor, because I acn probably get them paid thru my insurance.
thanks

Few facts about ppd test:

1. Receiving BCG vaccine MAY lead to positive test. As time goes by, it can turn back negative. So, if you received BCG as a kid (1year) and now at age 35 or so you are still positive, then you have peobably been exposed, and cant blame it on the vaccine

2. If you were negative for PPD in the past and now are positive then that should be taken as a serious sign of recent exposure.

3. If you are perfectly healthy, no cough, no wt loss, Normal chest X ray, and have a positive PPD, then you dont have TB, just exposure. In most of cases you dont need treatment. But if you are involved in taking care of kids (say child care center) or people with low immunity, then treatment is recommended so you dont transmit it to them. Even after treatment, the PPD will remain positive, as it indicates exposure and not infection.

4.Bigger the size of the "bump" more likely that you have been exposed.

5. Once PPD is positive, no point retesting in 1-2 years, it is probably still positive.

6. Make sure the nurse or doc is measuring it the right was, (vertical size along the length of the arm should not be measures, only the side to side, along the short axis of the arm should be measured) So if the lesion is 4 cm in length along the long axis of your arm and only0.9 cm along the short axis, then it should be read as negative.

When i go to the Dr for these tests, Do i get a chance to see the results before or do they give us a SEALED envelope to be sent to USCIS ?

My doctor showed me all the papers to verify the accuracy of the information. And then given sealed envelopes and as well as copies of the report.

At first, I got stunned seeing no names on sealed envelopes (I have 4!) and releived seeing initials at the right bottom corner.