Question regarding the process for 485 adjudication

jackmike

Registered Users (C)
hi!

I have a Question regarding the process for 485 adjudication. I got my 140 approved the last friday. I am from a retrogressed country and my Pd is 03.mar2002. My RD for 485 is 12.17.2004. My question is how long it might take for my 485? would my application be processed according to pd or rd?

thanks

jackmike said:
I am from a retrogressed country and my Pd is 03.mar2002. My RD for 485 is 12.17.2004. My question is how long it might take for my 485? would my application be processed according to pd or rd?

thanks
both Pd and RD has to be current to be elegible for approval.
NSC's published RD is Jan 2003 although they do not stictly follow it. You are at least 1~1.5year from approval. However, we do not know how many new imigration bills are passed by then (usually making more people elegible -illegals etc.), in which case the wait may be longer. You definitely picked the worst service center in the entire universe for filing 485. If you had filed at VSC or CSC you'd have got you GC at least one year sooner.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you are lucky, you will see your approval anytime starting now. Don't get frustrated in this long process. And my advice-do not let it affect your life too much. Best of luck.

jackmike said:
would my application be processed according to pd or rd?
thanks

To make your day, let me tell you this. My friend used substitution labor with PD May 02 and applied for I-140 in Nov 04 and I-485 in Jan 05. He got his I-140 cleared in Apr 05 and he got RFE May 05 for his I-485. If there is no RFE his I-485 would have been approve by now.

So, I think you are fine. Increase the intensity of your prayers and hope for the best. With NSC only factor that comes to help is your luck!