Question regarding RTD

miami2002 -

Seeing that others have shared that, that isnt the case at all, I think I'll stick with what they've said and not your words. Since they have actually gone through the same process recently.

I have a question:

How reliable are these Processing Time Numbers I see updated twice monthly on immigration.com?

My RTD application, as I stated before was received by INS on January 16, 2003. The time frame window increased on their site last month to between 235 and 265 days to process.

But now I look at these Processing Time Numbers on the site, and see this:

I-131 for Refugee Travel Document 1/13/2003

That shows them 3 days off my receipt date.

My question is... Is this number historically close to being accurate? Or is this just some random date, that simply does nothing but get's people's hopes up?

Anybody with past experience, PLEASE let me know!

Thanks a ton!

Maria

Last edited by a moderator:
I would not rely on these timeframes if I were you. The INS (BCIS now) works in a mysterious ways and they always have a disclaimer at the bottom of their timetable in which they state that these times are approximation i.e. unrelibale time! You never know though. You may receive your RTD next week. I have been browing through the I-485 nebraska forum in this web site and have read horror stories that they explain.

I have had four RTD's issued in past four years. If your application is accurate and have the required supporting documents then I have found the processing dates to be pretty reliable in the case of EAD or RTD. Past year RTD for my brother was issued in 6 weeks after the date it was received and mine was issued in almost the same time frame.

Above experience shared is my personal experience and is no indication of how the agency will process any applicant's case.

i have a question:
when i submit my application, i just sent them the copy of my RTD since i was using the RTD for going to canada.
i wonder if it is ok to give them the copy instead of original?
i have received their notice and does it mean everything in my application is ok now?If anything wrong, will they let me know immediately?
thanks!!!!!!

Originally posted by kaoticfury
i have a question:
when i submit my application, i just sent them the copy of my RTD since i was using the RTD for going to canada.
i wonder if it is ok to give them the copy instead of original?
i have received their notice and does it mean everything in my application is ok now?If anything wrong, will they let me know immediately?
thanks!!!!!!
If they wanted the original copy, they would have told you that your application is incomplete. However, since they work in mysterious ways, they did not want the original document from you even though they usually ask for it. Do not worry, just wait and you will get it soon.

copy is enough

I renewed like 3 months ago 4 RTDs (my family) all of them with a copy and didn't have any problem. BTW, I sent a different envelope with eac application, and in different dates.

I received the RTD within 4-7 weeks.

Re: copy is enough

Originally posted by cookiemonster
I renewed like 3 months ago 4 RTDs (my family) all of them with a copy and didn't have any problem. BTW, I sent a different envelope with eac application, and in different dates.

I received the RTD within 4-7 weeks.

good news!!!
my travel document has been approveled.
i submited my application on jan22, approvel is march 4
much faster than i thought.
thanks everyone for sharing information, its really helpful and make ppl feel comfortable too.

(i feel good, because yesterday i dreamed of getting the new TD, and then it comes true...heh..seriously)

kaoticfury -

Im glad to hear you got your RTD. INS recieved mine on Jan. 16 and I still haven't heard anything yet. I have a couple questions for you if you dont mind answering for me:

1.) did you have a previous RTD (I didn't)? Wondering if that is a reason for it taking longer for me.

2.) did the case status online update? or did you just receive the RTD in the mail?

3.) how long did it say your time frame was going to be? 235 days like mine?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I'm still worried I won't get it before May when I have my planned trip to Europe.

Thanks a ton!

- Maria

Originally posted by MariaJ
kaoticfury -

Im glad to hear you got your RTD. INS recieved mine on Jan. 16 and I still haven't heard anything yet. I have a couple questions for you if you dont mind answering for me:

1.) did you have a previous RTD (I didn't)? Wondering if that is a reason for it taking longer for me.

2.) did the case status online update? or did you just receive the RTD in the mail?

3.) how long did it say your time frame was going to be? 235 days like mine?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I'm still worried I won't get it before May when I have my planned trip to Europe.

Thanks a ton!

- Maria

hi:
i only sent them the copyof my RTD with my application. when will your previous RTD expired? mine was march 4, i guess thats why my case was approveled on that day when my old one just expired.
i have not received the new RTD yet, but i checked the case online and the system on phone, both told me that my RTD was mailed on 4 march, so i guess it will take a couple of days to get here.
The time frame on my receipt was 240 days. but i guess thats not true now....my guess would be that 240 days is their max days to work on this kind of case.
any questions, i am happy to answer!

kaoticfury -

I just wanted to thank you and everybody else for all their insight. Being my first time applying for an RTD, I had no idea what to expect. But I wanted to come here right away and tell you that the case status update just occured, and my RTD IS ON THE WAY as of March 6!

Again, thank you all for your posts, it's beyond helpful having other people to discuss issues with.

- Maria

Mine too.

Applied mid Dec.
Sent in old RTD by request at end of Jan.
Issued on 3/6.