Question regarding Place of Application !

KVNR

Registered Users (C)
Gurus, Please help me.. Need Answer ASAP.

I have a question for applying 485. I stay in MA and my employer is in FL. All my ads, Labor processing and 140 is processed from FL. But now since I\'m staying in MA. I want my 485 applied from MA.. but my lawyer is saying this is not safe doing.. better give FL address and apply from FL..
Presently I dont have any problem, but at the time of FP, EAD stamping, and GC stamping.. CARD etc.. I will have to travel.. which is making me sick now.
I want to know is it really not safe If I apply from MA ? and
If Appplied from FL, can I go for FP and EAD in MA.. ??
With this type of manuplations.. my attorney is taking lot of time.. my 140 is cleared more than one month back.. but still my lawyer didnt sent me the documents to me to sign yet.

Your Inputs are really appreciated.

Thanks,
KVNR.

No Title

Think about it this way :) do you wanna mess with INS ... where the rules are not clear to anyone ?!?!?
Is it that hard for u to travel to FL ?!?!?!
Just think if ur travel or GC has more importance to you buddy :)

No Title

I really do not want to mess with INS ! and I understand GC is more important than travelling. but, I heard that we are suppose to apply from the place we are ? And many people did in our neighbourhood.

Also, my attorney is not talking to me.. he just reply in one mail for every 10-20 mails.. saying, we are working on your case. Already it is about 1 month since my 140 is cleared.. and I havent received documents from my lawyer..

Generally how many days they take to apply for 485 after 140 is cleared...?

No Title

It all depends on the mood of these fucking lawyers. My lawyer did that in 20 days when I pushed him very hard.

No Title

What do u mean by applying at FL? There is no Service center in FL. You have to apply at one of 4 service centers only (I think in your case it is TSC, as FL falls under TSC).

You have to 2 choices now. The default is applying to the same SC where your 140 is approved. and also you have choice of applying to SC where you currenly reside.

Check with yout attorney. If he is not returning calls, why don\'t change that stupid, hire a new one.

Filling the forms for 485, may take couple of hours, if you have all the required docs in place. Some incompetenet lawyers pretend like it is a big deal to prepare 485 application, in fact, it is very simple. We have to do all the hard work by getting all the docs etc, all they need to do is , just sit for couple of hours.