Question regarding N400 background check

PP4U

Registered Users (C)
JohnnyCash, Publicus and others: Question regarding N400 background check

As you can see my timeline below, I am stuck and I still have no news. However, searching for further information about background check, I have heard conflicting reports: some say they (USCIS and other agencies) only do the N400 background check for the time you are in the US and therefore, not including your country of origin. My question is :

Is it true? Does anyone know the answer? :confused:

I am applying based on three years of marriage (Actually I've been married for almost 6) and three years living in the US. No crimianl records. No traffic tickets. Just a "warning" for speeding and nothing else. Any information is welcome!

Thanks in advance.

"I will both lay me down in peace, and sleep: for thou, Lord, only makest me dwell in safety."
Psalm 4:8

Last edited by a moderator:
:)

PP4U said:
As you can see my timeline below, I am stuck and I still have no news. However, searching for further information about background check, I have heard conflicting reports: some say they (USCIS and other agencies) only do the N400 background check for the time you are in the US and therefore, not including your country of origin. My question is :

I am applying based on three years of marriage (Actually I've been married for almost 6) and three years living in the US. No crimianl records. No traffic tickets. Just a "warning" for speeding and nothing else. Any information is welcome!

Thanks in advance.

"I will both lay me down in peace, and sleep: for thou, Lord, only makest me dwell in safety."

Dear expert fellows:

Come on guys! I am still waiting for your wise and valuable answers. Any ideas? As I told above, I think my case is simple and straighforward and I wonder why I am still stuck with my timeline/name check and find out why this delay on the interview letter. If they name check includes searches in the original country I could understand such delay or maybe my file is missing in the CIS's dark hole......

Any ideas?

Thanks for reading.

PP4U said:

Thanks in advance.

I'm wondering who told you that your name check is stuck..??

What is you District Office ??
some take a long time by default without any cause of nam check

alnoubi said:
I'm wondering who told you that your name check is stuck..??

Actually nobody. It's just the desire of a N400 applicant who wants to see he end of this process soon get over of this. Yesterday, while getting the mail, I had a good surprise when I saw my interview letter from USCIS . Good news.

Thanks in advance.

Someone said that they send our files to embassy in our homecountry too.... but I doubt that. I think they only check our background for our stay in USA...

Even I am stuck in this name check issue... There are many more (however 1% of all filers so they dont care) who are stuck in this name check process.. many are filing WOM against USCIS and are getting the name check expedited. I think we should think about that too...

Who the hell are you tell me that????

oh man. You don't know gcgood?

gcgood is an obnoxious troll who writes colorful posts in funny english. Usually, his posts are deleted by the mods, but now he has posted under an existing thread.

Here's a pointer to his rant about H1B visa holders...

http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?p=1889639#post1889639

But wait, here's gcgood trying to get his spouse here on H1B.
http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?p=1209679#post1209679

Wanted to inquire that once there is a job offer how much time does it take to go through the H-1/b procees to get the H-1/b approved. Some time frames will definitely help me.

Thanks in advance and have a nice day

tw7861970@yahoo.com :confused:

Here's gcggod's kind words to someone going through divorce ...
http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?p=1759122#post1759122

hi Bro

Since you cannot do your wife thats why U are having problems I suggest U satisfy her first then think of US citizenship bz at this stage U cant srew .....

Here's gcgood's advice to someone seeking info about dental insurance...

http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?p=1887487#post1887487

I will stronly suggest to get your head examined that can be done free of cost at any Police Station.... There is no room for idiots here pl dont waste your time and our time as we have to read such rubbish...

BUZZ OFF U looser

Yeah, he is one of them ...

Thanks a lot Amicus for all the threads... this guy is plain stupid..

The funniest part was he talked about H1/b getting all the jobs and then inquiring about the same for his wife....

I guess he might have lost his jobs due to incompetence and blamed it on H1 folks... he acts like he was born here raised flipping burgers in mcDonalds... He seems like he hates deshis comming here on H1 visas... not sure who is he and where he is from?

... he acts like he was born here raised flipping burgers in mcDonalds... He seems like he hates deshis comming here on H1 visas...

strangely enough ... he claimed on one of his threads of doing that. unfortunately, that thread was deleted. :)

He does have couple of posts on forums about immigrants from Pakistan.

he forgot to grow up, when he was adding years to his age ... probably he cannot add anyways.

ps: i presume, what's keeping you up tonite is the test match@kanpur?? on to the post lunch session ...SA 2 down/8 more to go.

Last edited by a moderator:
like i said, ghantabro... funny english from a retard. :D

you just have to nudge him a li'l and he'll brighten your day.:)

keep it rolling gcgood ...

ALL I do is getting you all Fired ....and bringing in to work at Macdonald and pumping gas in New Jersey specially in Edison / Oak Tree Road so buzz off ....

This guy is something... well I have nothing more to say... it will be waste of my time and energy to respond to his stupor. Someone well said if you throw pebbles in a ditch, you should be prepared to get some dirt on yourself too... I guess that is what I did. Grow up man... don't blame all H1 and diligent people for your incompetence....