Question regarding marriage fraud

cheated_hubby

I'm a newbie to this forum,I believe that I am a victim of marriage fraud. My ex and got divorced 6 months ago as she was uninterested at all in making the marriage work. All my pleas to her fell on deaf years so left with no choice, we went for a no-fault divorce. Before we got divorced, I suspected her to have an affair with her ex boyfriend but I gave her the benefit of doubt. I was a US citizen and she was a student before we got married. She acquired a GC through me last year. Now within 6 months after our divorce, I see that she's marrying her ex boyfriend who is on H1. If I'm not mistaken, she probably is eligible for citizenship as well now. I'm not a big believer or digging up dirt from the past but I feel cheated that she's using the GC acquired through me to sponsor her exboyfriend now?

Can I contact the INS and request that my spouse be deported or report this issue? Any advice would be more than appreciated..

Raj

I'm a newbie to this forum,I believe that I am a victim of marriage fraud. My ex and got divorced 6 months ago as she was uninterested at all in making the marriage work. All my pleas to her fell on deaf years so left with no choice, we went for a no-fault divorce. Before we got divorced, I suspected her to have an affair with her ex boyfriend but I gave her the benefit of doubt. I was a US citizen and she was a student before we got married. She acquired a GC through me last year. Now within 6 months after our divorce, I see that she's marrying her ex boyfriend who is on H1. If I'm not mistaken, she probably is eligible for citizenship as well now. I'm not a big believer or digging up dirt from the past but I feel cheated that she's using the GC acquired through me to sponsor her exboyfriend now?

Can I contact the INS and request that my spouse be deported or report this issue? Any advice would be more than appreciated..

Raj

not much u could do. be careful next time.

Well, I hope sex was good while it lasted ;)
Don't worry, she probably got a 2 year conditional GC which will expire and she would have to leave the US. One would have to be married at least 2 years to get a permanent GC.
It's not clear from your post how long have you been married.
She is definitely not eligible for the citizenship at the moment. She will become eligible after 5 years living in the US with permanent resident status. Even after that, it will take her over a year to actually gain citizenship and another year to sponsor anyone.
So yeah, don't worry, there are plenty of younger and better looking women who would love to marry you. Don't worry what she does!