Question regarding I-134

jalabalajings

Registered Users (C)
Friends,

I was trying to complete form I-134 (affidavit of support) for the upcoming CP interview at Chennai.

I have a doubt in completing one of the sections in I-134.

In Section 10, the following is asked:

"That I have submitted visa petition(s) to the Immigration and Naturalization Service on behalf of the following person(s). If none state, none."

Name, Relationship, Date Submitted

What should I fill in here?. Since I am appearing for the interview with my wife and daughter should I fill in their details (or) should I just state 'none' here.

Also, if I do not state "none" then what will be the 'Date Submitted"?. Is this the Date the 140 was approved (or) is this the interview date?

Please post your answers and suggestions.

Thanks,
DA

jalabalajings said:
Friends,

I was trying to complete form I-134 (affidavit of support) for the upcoming CP interview at Chennai.

I have a doubt in completing one of the sections in I-134.

In Section 10, the following is asked:

"That I have submitted visa petition(s) to the Immigration and Naturalization Service on behalf of the following person(s). If none state, none."

Name, Relationship, Date Submitted

What should I fill in here?. Since I am appearing for the interview with my wife and daughter should I fill in their details (or) should I just state 'none' here.

Also, if I do not state "none" then what will be the 'Date Submitted"?. Is this the Date the 140 was approved (or) is this the interview date?

Please post your answers and suggestions.

Thanks,
DA

You would not have petitioned for any visas for anyone, because you are
not eligible to do so.

It is always your employer(s) who have petitioned for your H1 and now for
your GC. In the GC process your dependents are the beneficiaries from your
sponsor's petition. Your petitioner (sponsor) is the petitioner to your family
members too.

So, your response to that item should be 'None'.

Raju

Hi Raju,

Thanks very much for youre reply.

DA

Raju595 said:
You would not have petitioned for any visas for anyone, because you are
not eligible to do so.

It is always your employer(s) who have petitioned for your H1 and now for
your GC. In the GC process your dependents are the beneficiaries from your
sponsor's petition. Your petitioner (sponsor) is the petitioner to your family
members too.

So, your response to that item should be 'None'.

Raju

Should the I-134 be printed 2-sided on one single sheet of paper? or 2 separate pages is fine? Does that matter? Any inputs appreciated.

thanks
abaliga

abaliga said:
Should the I-134 be printed 2-sided on one single sheet of paper? or 2 separate pages is fine? Does that matter? Any inputs appreciated.

{B 2 B singe sheet}

thanks
abaliga

I-134

Do we need separate I-134 for each of the dependants with each one notarized? Or is it enough one is enough and we can enclose a copy with other dependants' documents?
The paralegal in my attorney's office has prepared only one I-134 for my wife, including my children as - children accompanying (Item # 3) and mentioning all the 3 as dependents for Item # 8, and says that is enough.

I have another qusetion, is it OK to have the two pages of I-134, in two separate sheets (not back to back). What is the problem in having it in 2 separate sheets. The pages in DS 230 is submitted as separate sheets only and not printed back to back and why there will be a requirement to have I-134, back to back?

srinimuth said:
Do we need separate I-134 for each of the dependants with each one notarized? Or is it enough one is enough and we can enclose a copy with other dependants' documents?
The paralegal in my attorney's office has prepared only one I-134 for my wife, including my children as - children accompanying (Item # 3) and mentioning all the 3 as dependents for Item # 8, and says that is enough.

{You need to have seperate I-134 (each notarized) for each of the
dependents (assuming that your children are not US born).

In each form you would be mentioning all the names in Item # 8}

I have another qusetion, is it OK to have the two pages of I-134, in two separate sheets (not back to back). What is the problem in having it in 2 separate sheets. The pages in DS 230 is submitted as separate sheets only and not printed back to back and why there will be a requirement to have I-134, back to back?

{Printing back to back is not mandatory. You should be OK printing on
2 pages. That was how I took mine}

{my responses}

Raju

For mumbai consulate it is specifically mentioned to have B2B for all the forms you can check with your consulate website.