question regarding husband & wife travelling on diff dates after the interview..

cmattur

Registered Users (C)
Guys..
If Primary applicant & wife is travelling on diff dates after the interview.. should inform the chennai consulate to generate diff packets for 2 people???...

After the GC interview do they give one packet, which contains all papers for both or do they give seperate pkts..

Normally they give out separate packets. But just to be sure, inform them during the interview that your wife would like to travel later.

On DS# ...

you have to mention that whether dependents are travelling with you or not. If you said yes, then you have to requiest in advance to consulate so that they will not stamp envelope 'Valid only if travelling with spouse'. I don't know whether they will grant your request, but you can always try. If they agreed, make sure that there is no restriction on pkt to travel together

I had mentioned on my DS230 that my wife will be travelling with me. However, I told the guy collecting the documents that she would like to travel later. He said that was fine and we got separate packets with my wife's packet indicating "valid for travel with primary or follow to join" (forget exact wording)

I did not say anything to the consul (and we did come together) but my wife's packet had a red stamp at the top that said "Valid only if accompanying or following to join primary"

If this the case then ....

thats the good thing, so that you don't have to worry, if you change the plan to travel separate. Mine was stamped with 'Valid only if travelling with Spouse'. I think thay might have changed the stamp or procedure.