Question regarding Family Based (not marriage) Interview

jdawg9

Registered Users (C)
Hi all,
I have my interview in 7 days, and I looked everywhere for interview experience from someone with a case similar with mine.
I sent out my i-130 back in 2000 and my i-485 in March 2005. My application was filed based on my mother's GC to me as a unmarried son under 21 (at that time).
I looked all over for interview experiences and what type of questions to expect but only found cases on marriage and employment. I even looked at ari4u's thread with the copilation of interview experiences.

I'd appreciate anyone's help.

Had my interview at Garden City, NY on 12/5/05 (still awaiting GC).
Mother (USC) sponsering child over 21 (me).
In my case, the questions weren't unusual.
Stuff like ->
Is this your mother?
Is this your son?
Do you live with your mother?
Where you arrested?

We were in and out in under 10 mins. The questions were not many in my case.

The main thing is to bring all the documents that are listed on your interview invitation, dress sharp for the interview, be cool, and dont be late.
:)

trini0 said:
Had my interview at Garden City, NY on 12/5/05 (still awaiting GC).
Mother (USC) sponsering child over 21 (me).
In my case, the questions weren't unusual.
Stuff like ->
Is this your mother?
Is this your son?
Do you live with your mother?
Where you arrested?

We were in and out in under 10 mins. The questions were not many in my case.

The main thing is to bring all the documents that are listed on your interview invitation, dress sharp for the interview, be cool, and dont be late.
:)

Thanks for sharing some useful info, trini0. I'm also having my interview in Garden City, very very early (probably their first appointment). I'm a little concerned that my lawyer won't be on time, since he is coming from Westchester. He mentioned he wanted to be there because there is a small technicality that he might be needed for if the officer doesn't interprete some kind of Child Protection Act law that makes me eligible.

I also read on another post that they are not really stamping passports there, which kind of shattered my hopes of traveling soon (i was out of status for more than 1 year, so i was adviced not to apply for AP).

I've been waiting 6 years for this and it seems like they are please to make people wait. :(