Question regarding EB3 case

moosh

Registered Users (C)
My PD has become current about 5 months ago (EB3). I am living in Canada now and waiting for CP. I did not receive any package from NVC. I called my lawyer office last week and talked to my case worker to find out what is going on. I received an email from my case worker yesterday which is as follow:

“The National Visa Center (NVC), just replied to my emails, stating that they do not have the record of your case and requesting us to contact the USCIS, and request from them, the transfer of your record to the Visa Center, for visa processing.
After contacting the USCIS, we found out that the only request available to process your case, is to fill out a form called NOTICE OF ACTION, providing to USCIS with the necessary documents to transfer the case to the Visa Center (NVC).
To process a "notice of action", it is required to pay a fee of $340.00 payable to the U.S. Department of Homeland Security" plus $350.00 which is attorney fee.”

I would appreciate if anybody helps me in this matter. Is this a regular thing or is just happened in my case. Do I have to pay these fees or there is any other way to solve this problem.
Thank you