Question regarding DS - 156 formfor visa revalidation

nymisha

Registered Users (C)
Update Regarding Electronic DS-156 Form

The Visa Office informs that, in all cases--at posts and during the remaining tenure of the revalidation unit--the electronic form available at http://evisaforms.state.gov (which generates a bar code on the first and third page when printed) is preferred, but NOT required. The electronic form can be used,as it saves time (someone including consular officers at posts) from having manually to input DS-156 data. In any event, make sure that you are using the most current version of the form, which as of this writing is February 2003.

>> I have the above-metioned bar-coded application with me that has a few unfilled fileds .. Can I fill these by hand and submit them at the consulate?? or should I fill in a new application all over again?

.>> What should I fill in the fields that are empty ? ( n/a or na or -or leave blank)

I currently live and work in the US.. what should I put in these fileds??

item 14. National Identification NUmber ( Is this the soc sec nummber)?
item 22. when do you intend to arrive in the U.S?
item 26. How long do you intend to stay in the US?
item 27 What is the purpose of your trip?
item 28. Who wil pay for your trip?

Ds-156 ques only one day left ..Please reply....

Hi,
Can anybody please let me know if we just leave the fields blank or
write none or N/A(when trying to use N/A the National Identification number field does not take "/")on the DS-156 form when one is going to mexico/canada
for all the fields which are irrelevant to the person filling the form.

Please advice whether to leave the fields blank or write none or N/A.

Thanks a lot for your responses.

nymisha said:
Update Regarding Electronic DS-156 Form

The Visa Office informs that, in all cases--at posts and during the remaining tenure of the revalidation unit--the electronic form available at http://evisaforms.state.gov (which generates a bar code on the first and third page when printed) is preferred, but NOT required. The electronic form can be used,as it saves time (someone including consular officers at posts) from having manually to input DS-156 data. In any event, make sure that you are using the most current version of the form, which as of this writing is February 2003.

>> I have the above-metioned bar-coded application with me that has a few unfilled fileds .. Can I fill these by hand and submit them at the consulate?? or should I fill in a new application all over again?
----- you can fill by hand( use Black Ink pen)
.>> What should I fill in the fields that are empty ? ( n/a or na or -or leave blank)
---- None or N/A both are accepted, but DOD and USCIS prefer NONE
I currently live and work in the US.. what should I put in these fileds??

item 14. National Identification NUmber ( Is this the soc sec nummber)?
------None
item 22. when do you intend to arrive in the U.S?
----- write the date
item 26. How long do you intend to stay in the US?
----------write the validity of your petition
item 27 What is the purpose of your trip?
----- I think you know that, if it is H1 then wrire temporary worker
item 28. Who wil pay for your trip?
---- I think you know that