Question Regarding 3 months residency requirement in USCIS district office area

gcva

Registered Users (C)
I am eligible to Apply for N400 on 08/05/2011( 5 Years - 90 days).I have been living in VA area for last 11 years.My current job in VA ends on 07/31, and my new job in PA starts on 08/01. I am planning to commute over the weekends back to VA from PA.In the employment section of the application I will be writing that I am working in PA from 08/01. My residential address in the application will be of VA. Will it be a problem for 3 months residency requirement,because as of 08/05, I will be working in PA. I am confused...Help is appreciated...

Thanks
gcva

File from VA, because you have passed the residence requirement there. If you file from PA, they will tell you to wait 90 days. However, after you file, and you've done your fingerprint, then you can call and change your address to PA. Then they wont require you to satisfy the requirement in PA. They will just send your file from VA to PA with no issue for you. The exact thing happened to me with Los angeles and Seattle. I filed in L.A, then moved a month or so later to Seattle and just called. They transferred my case to Seattle. I have passport in hand as we speak. Interview was two weeks ago, and I/O brought it up and I told him the law states I dont have to meet the new requirement in another state since I already met it in California. He was like, "Yes of course, I'm sorry about that. You are right." So in case your I/O brings it up, speak up too, so they know you know what you are talking about. There is actually a part of the law that states it, I wish I could find it for you. One of the bobys on this forum should be able to, as they helped me find it.

Good Luck.