• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Question re: my DV2006 AOS interview on Friday

spicewalton

Just received notice that my Adjustment of Status interview is on Friday, Sept. 8 in Miami. My number was AF39xxx so only became current in Sept.

The funny thing is, the Miami USCIS office sent me a letter last week, asking that I mail them my receipt for the DV fee paid to the Department of State. I wasn'y very eager to mail them the original, but my lawyer said to do so, and lo and behold, the envelope got lost in the mail.

So my question now is, will they accept a copy of the receipt on Friday? There is no way for me to get a new receipt by then. What should I do? My lawyer is basically just "hoping" they will accept a copy. He has no better idea.

spicewalton said:
Just received notice that my Adjustment of Status interview is on Friday, Sept. 8 in Miami. My number was AF39xxx so only became current in Sept.

The funny thing is, the Miami USCIS office sent me a letter last week, asking that I mail them my receipt for the DV fee paid to the Department of State. I wasn'y very eager to mail them the original, but my lawyer said to do so, and lo and behold, the envelope got lost in the mail.

So my question now is, will they accept a copy of the receipt on Friday? There is no way for me to get a new receipt by then. What should I do? My lawyer is basically just "hoping" they will accept a copy. He has no better idea.

I had the same issue and I got a letter asking me to bring the orginal or a "copy" of my receipt. However, when I went there for the second time, they found my reciept in my application.. If you already paid for it before, it might already be in your application but it seems like officers do not know what to look at sometimes. Anyways, that was my experience with my local office.. Hopefully, it should be fine..

Good Luck!

Ipek79 said:
I had the same issue and I got a letter asking me to bring the orginal or a "copy" of my receipt. However, when I went there for the second time, they found my reciept in my application.. If you already paid for it before, it might already be in your application but it seems like officers do not know what to look at sometimes. Anyways, that was my experience with my local office.. Hopefully, it should be fine..

Good Luck!

Thank you very much!