Question Re. Interview Notice

Stephen D'Souza

Registered Users (C)
My case is transferred to Newark INS. The Question I have is, Do they call over the Phone to let you know about the interview or the send you a letter just like the transfer letter.

My Details, PD 4/96 RD 7/99 nd 8/99 fp 6/2000 RFE for a bunch of things on 10/27/2000, RFE replied 01/17/2001 with Redo of I-140, I-140 approved Feb 6th, case transferred Feb 8th. Got notice of transfer Feb 16 2001 the Notice has a tel # which I tried and the message says it has been disconnected, so do not know what to make of it. Still hopeful.
Thanks.

Steve.

No Title

I am in the same boat, with my case being transferred to Newark Local office.

I called the #, got the new 800 number for the center.
It is (800)3755283. I called this number too and spoke to INS Customer Service. The response I got was that they CANNOT give any time-frame for the interview date and that YOU HAVE TO WAIT FOR the local office to send you an interview notice.

No Title

Hi,

I got an interview notice on Saturday. My interview is set for 3/12/01 in the morning. I am surprised at the speed of the response from the local office. Hope u get u\'rs soon. :)

No Title

The documents they have asked for is my medical report ( looks like they lost my medical ). I spoke to my lawyer and she has asked me to take the foll. documents
Employment Letter
Last 4 Pay Stubs
Bank Letter ( for affidavit of support )
Last 3 years W-2 and tax papers
Original Marriage and Birth Cerificates

Hope this helps u

No Title

Hi JyMy,

Today morning AVM change for my case, Its transfer to Newark office
I am so worried. Please give me some advise how long they take for interview notice.

No Title

My case was transferred on Feb. 14 and I recieved a interview letter on Feb. 24 informing me that my interview was set up on Mar. 12. So it took just 2 weeks to get a letter and my interview date is approx. 4 weeks from my transfer date.

My lawyer also had assured me earlier that Newark has an average waiting time of 6 weeks for an interview. I guess your 485 date matters. Mine is 9/99 and the recorded message says that Newark takes 16 months to process 485. Maybe thats why I got such a fast response.

All the Best. I will let u guys know what happened at the interview

JYMY

No Title

I got my green card approval notice at last
EB3 PD: 4/96, RD/ND: 11/99 FP: 3/17/01

So went to the INS at Newark,surprised to see a lot of people despite having a appointment for Wednesday.
Although the notice says to get the approval notice, 2 photos, I-94 and passportI I was surprised when they asked me for the EAD and Advance Parole" to be handed over. Luckily I took my whole file, so was lucky to get the stamp. So please carry all papers, since they may ask for anything, and if you dont have it, you may have to go back home and get it.
Also, they give a I-551 form while awaiting the stamp, so "please remember not to fold or crease this form". The officer was almost ready to ask me to go back, but then saw my helpless plight, and took out another form and finally put the passport stamp.
Please go well prepared, since its a pain to wait again in the line.

Good luck
Ivan