Question on UK transit Visa

gcma_2005

Registered Users (C)
Guys,

Excuse me for asking this Question here. You guys have lots of experience.

My mother-in-law has valid 10 year B2 visa.
She will be returning to India after 8 month from the date of her arrival .
Does she need a Transit Visa in UK?

Please post your reply. thanks for your help.

Yes. She does.

Thank you.. But this is confusing:

Passengers exempt from the DATV requirement
Holders of certain documents are, regardless of nationality, exempt from the requirement to hold a Direct Airside Transit Visa when transiting the UK.

A transit passenger is not required to hold a transit visa if he holds or a person with whom he arrives in the United Kingdom holds on his behalf:

A) a valid visa for entry to Australia, Canada, New Zealand or the United States of America and a valid airline ticket for travel via the United Kingdom as part of a journey from another country or territory to the country in respect of which the visa is held;

B) a valid visa for entry to Australia, Canada, New Zealand or the United States of America and a valid airline ticket for travel via the United Kingdom as part of a journey from the country in respect of which the visa is held to another country or territory;

Thank you.. But this is confusing:

Passengers exempt from the DATV requirement
Holders of certain documents are, regardless of nationality, exempt from the requirement to hold a Direct Airside Transit Visa when transiting the UK.

A transit passenger is not required to hold a transit visa if he holds or a person with whom he arrives in the United Kingdom holds on his behalf:

A) a valid visa for entry to Australia, Canada, New Zealand or the United States of America and a valid airline ticket for travel via the United Kingdom as part of a journey from another country or territory to the country in respect of which the visa is held;

B) a valid visa for entry to Australia, Canada, New Zealand or the United States of America and a valid airline ticket for travel via the United Kingdom as part of a journey from the country in respect of which the visa is held to another country or territory;

Yes I read that as well. Looks like the rules have changed if you carry US visa. Please call the British Embassy and verify again.
http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/servlet/U...nsit&nationality=India&location=United+States

Here is the text: it appears that in case of a valid U.S. visa, Direct Airside Transit is waived.

You asked if a national of India needs a visa to pass through the UK in transit.

Yes, you need a Direct Airside Transit (DAT) visa, unless you hold one of the following:

• a valid visa for entry to Australia, Canada, New Zealand or the United States of America and a valid airline ticket for travel via the United Kingdom as part of a journey from another country or territory to the country in respect of which the visa is held;
  • a valid visa for entry to Australia, Canada, New Zealand or the United States of America and a valid airline ticket for travel via the United Kingdom as part of a journey from the country in respect of which the visa is held to another country or territory;
  • a valid airline ticket for travel via the United Kingdom as part of a journey from Australia, Canada, New Zealand or the United States of America to another country or territory, provided that the transit passenger does not seek to transit the United Kingdom on a date more than six months from the date on which he last entered Australia, Canada, New Zealand or the United States of America with a valid visa for entry to that country;
  • a valid USA I-551 Permanent Resident Card issued on or after 21st April 1998;
  • a valid Canadian Permanent Resident Card issued on or after 28th June 2002;
  • a valid common format Category D visa for entry to an EEA State;
  • a valid common format residence permit issued by an EEA State pursuant to Council Regulation (EC) No. 1030/2002;
  • a diplomatic or service passport issued by the People’s Republic of China; or
  • a diplomatic or official passport issued by India; or,
  • a diplomatic or official passport issued by Vietnam.

Here is the text: it appears that in case of a valid U.S. visa, Direct Airside Transit is waived.

My wife when coming to the US from India on a H4, transferred in the UK but she stayed airside. I think that this is the crucial thing. You need to stay airside, that is on the secure side. My belief is that if for any reason you go onto UK soil you have to have a visa.

You better call Embassy of UK... certain airlines they have different rules, and they keep changing...

For latest you call UK ... explain how you going airlines/destination... etc.. they will give you latest info.

Before you call them, formulate your quesiton and all the details first. The phone line is outsourced to Abtran I believe, and they charge you $2.50/min, even if you are on hold.