Question on timings of approval emails.

rav_oranges

Registered Users (C)
Hello Everyone,

Do approvals come equally throughout the week or is it primarily on Wed/Thurs?

Is there a particular time of the data that updates are more likely? Is it mainly overnight or random?

Thanks.

I got it on a Thursday at around 8.20 am EST; however, I think it is all random. These messages are computer generated.

Hello Everyone,

Do approvals come equally throughout the week or is it primarily on Wed/Thurs?

Is there a particular time of the data that updates are more likely? Is it mainly overnight or random?

Thanks.
rav,
I got the 'Approval Notice Sent' emails at 8.16 AM EST, and the 'Card Production Ordered' emails at 11.45 PM. I've read about folks getting emails all through the day as a matter of fact, so there is no discernable pattern.
The emails are generated via some batch job that runs at designated intervals within the CRIS system. I posted a few weeks ago that when you get an approval notice sent email early in the morning, it implies that your case had been marked for approval the working day before....unless you get emails on a Sunday, which has happened, but thats probably another batch process.

AFAIK, approvals can also happen on a Friday. I remember Friday July 13th was an important day for many folks in this forum....there's no telling what goes on at the approval desk in TSC.

approvals can happen any time....

I heared from one of my friend, they recevied approval email at night 11.30 PM.

The first message I got was "Card Ordered" on a Tuesday at 23:45 EDT
The second message I got was "Approval Notice sent" on the next day (Wednesday) at 08:00 EDT
The third message I got was "Card Mailed" within another 2 days (Friday) at 17:15 EDT

Received Card production ordered e-mail on a Friday (09/07) at 11.45 pm at night. For some reason, received another "card production ordered" e-mail on Monday (09/10) at 8.16 am EST

Is there a sequence to how the emails are received? i.e. Card Ordered, Welcome Letter sent (Is this the same as the Approval Notice mentioned?), Card Processed, Card Mailed, etc?

Does the letter and/or card gets mailed from their respective Service Center i.e TSC cases are mailed out by TSC?

Thanks for any feedback.

Is there a sequence to how the emails are received? i.e. Card Ordered, Welcome Letter sent (Is this the same as the Approval Notice mentioned?), Card Processed, Card Mailed, etc?

Does the letter and/or card gets mailed from their respective Service Center i.e TSC cases are mailed out by TSC?

Thanks for any feedback.

I don't care sequence ;) . Just I need one from above :D :)

This question should probably go into a FAQ - every day, this question gets a new life.

Just remember one thing: don't expect all the emails. You may get them, you may not. Look for LUD changes online and any changes in the case status message. Again, this is not a definitive indication, specially if your case is at a local office. In other words, while there is a high probability that you will get one (or all) of the emails indicating that your case has been approved, don't depend on it.

The "card production" email has to precede the "card mailed" message (they can't mail it before they produce it, right?). Other than that, there's no order, there isn't even any guarantee that you get all the emails. I never heard of any "card processed" message. The ones I've heard of are "Card production ordered", "Notice mailed welcoming the new permanent resident", "Approval notice sent", and "Card Mailed".

You should get the approval/welcome notice and card in the mail, though. After all, that's what this is all about. :)

The approval notice typically comes from the SC that the case is in. The card comes from Kentucky.

The first message I got was "Card Ordered" on a Tuesday at 23:45 EDT
The second message I got was "Approval Notice sent" on the next day (Wednesday) at 08:00 EDT
The third message I got was "Card Mailed" within another 2 days (Friday) at 17:15 EDT

Dallas03096:

I was looking at your signature and I note that your card says PR since 6/30/2007. Please confirm.

Because that would mean that they assigned you a visa in June and then issued the card later.

Anyone else with a similar situation, please post.

This will also explain why some have cases approved in September, when their PD was not current but was current earlier.

THanks! Is the welcome letter the same as the approval notice or are they 2 different things?

Not sure.

I got just one I-797 notice that welcomed me to the US of A as a permanent resident. It also contained all relevant information about my case so it could, potentially, also serve as an approval notice, since the first two lines of text contained: This is to notify you that your application for permanent residence has been approved. It is with great pleasure that we welcome you to permanent resident status in the United States.

However, either way, it is irrelevant since the card is the best proof of approval anyway.

I don't care even if they send me a notice saying "your darn I-485 application has been friggin approved"...
i think the sequence of approval emails is the least of our problems now..

I got welcome mail first on a Tuesday morning and "approval notice sent" mail two days later. Five days later I got the physical card with welcome letter and an approval letter. I never received Card Produced/Mailed email.

56 days from actual approval to Card Ordered e-mail

Dallas03096:

I was looking at your signature and I note that your card says PR since 6/30/2007. Please confirm.

Because that would mean that they assigned you a visa in June and then issued the card later.

Anyone else with a similar situation, please post.

Don't get me started on that one! My case was actually approved on June 20 and my Congressman's office promptly informed me on June 21. But the great officer (from Dallas local office) who approved the case never updated USCIS computer system and simply transferred the case to TSC on July 5 for card production.
Even on Aug.13 when I went to get an emergency AP, Dallas local office told me that the case status was shown pending.
It took 56 days from actual approval to "Card production Ordered" email:(
Numerous Service Requests, InfoPass appointments, Complaint to CIS Ombudsman all fell on deaf ears:mad:
USCIS unfairly collected $495 (towards one EAD renewal & one AP) in the meantime.

Dallas03096:

All is well that ends well.....enjoy...

I know that GC is sent directly to applicant (just like EAD). What about the approval notice .... does that go to the lawyer or applicant.