Question on the I-864

TiredOfEverything

Hello,
I was asked to resubmit my I-864, I guess I forgot something or didn't do it properly, so this time I would like to check with you guys before resubmitting this form.

me and my spouse file taxes together as "Married filing jointly". now I am confused on those questions

Item 6, Question 7 & Question 24
7: My current individual annual income is: (is it just my personal income or both me and my spouse? TOTAL INCOME on tax return)
24: Most recent (is it just my personal income or both me and my spouse? TOTAL INCOME on tax return)

also at the very end, Part 11 (additional information) it says to sign and date each sheet. however I do not see a place where to sign and date. do I need to do that or only if I add additional sheets?

Last edited:
Item 6, Question 7 & Question 24
7: My current individual annual income is: (is it just my personal income or both me and my spouse? TOTAL INCOME on tax return)
(Assuming you are the petitioner filling out the I-864) it's the current salary of your current job (and nobody else's job). It does not necessarily match any tax return.

24: Most recent (is it just my personal income or both me and my spouse? TOTAL INCOME on tax return)
Put the exact number it says on the "total income" line of your tax return (assuming you are the petitioner filling out the I-864), no matter if it's a joint or separate return.