Question on the I-539 form

viddu

Registered Users (C)
Hello Friends,
Could you please give some help on how to fill Part-3 on the I-539.
It asks for the date until which we want teh extension for - should I write a date at the end of 6 months or is it good to put something of shorter duration?

also, if this is the first time submitting application or the only application related to the applicants, the answer to question 3 should be NO. Is this correct?
The question for your reference is:
"Is this application based on a separate petition or application to give your spouse, child or parent an extension or change of status?"

Thanks.

well the date to play safe will be 3-4 months but if they intend to stay entire 6 then mention that else they maye be granted a shorter extension

as for question 3 since same form is used to extend H4 which has underlying H1 thus the question.

in case of B1 no

Hi
Thanks for the response.

couple more quick questions -
1) for the financial proof part, should I fill the Affidavit (I-134)? and do the bank statements that we keep include parents' accounts, which are with ICICI India?
2) what are the best things to show or the proof of ties? They have house and have pension. Is it sufficient to mention these in the letter or should we keep any documentation?
3) do we have to extend the flight tickets bfore applying?

Thanks a lot to for all the help.

Well you do believe in someone gives you an inch take a mile.

Well there is extensive list with a lot of reasons available on www.path2usa.com and www.immihelp.com

1) I-134 is your support so your info only. theirs can be included as their assets seperately with ties.
2) Bank, relatives/parents/kids/ House jobs etc are the ties. Best to include the documents.

3) I think the application mentions not to extend the ticket till you get the decision, though some sites advise you to. I did not, why would I presume an approval without actual one, so I changed the tkts only after approval.