question on RFE

immihope

I got an RFE requesting the supplemental medical form only (vaccination record). Then I found the trouble I never expected: My doctor insisted he can't give me a new form. He said something like it's illegal to redate the form, so he only gave me a copy of old form he signed two years ago. My lawyer told me I'd better go to a new doctor and get a new form. Is there anybody got such RFE and went to new doctor? I'm afraid whether USCIS will question why I change the doctor. Is it OK to change to a new doctor?

I really don't understand how a new form can be illegal. I don't ask him to change my vaccination record, all I want is to verify my record and give me an updated form. Not even my lawyer can change the doctor's mind. My lawyer called twice and gave me an email message that the doctor wasn't very nice to her. I kinda know that, because he wasn't very nice to me too...

strange..

immihope said:
I got an RFE requesting the supplemental medical form only (vaccination record). Then I found the trouble I never expected: My doctor insisted he can't give me a new form. He said something like it's illegal to redate the form, so he only gave me a copy of old form he signed two years ago. My lawyer told me I'd better go to a new doctor and get a new form. Is there anybody got such RFE and went to new doctor? I'm afraid whether USCIS will question why I change the doctor. Is it OK to change to a new doctor?

I really don't understand how a new form can be illegal. I don't ask him to change my vaccination record, all I want is to verify my record and give me an updated form. Not even my lawyer can change the doctor's mind. My lawyer called twice and gave me an email message that the doctor wasn't very nice to her. I kinda know that, because he wasn't very nice to me too...
immihope, why did you got the RFE? I got exactly simialr RFE couple of weeks back. But I got it as I didnt took onbe vaccine because of national shortage in Jan 2002. (varicella vaccine). Make sure doctor sign after choosing "All Vaccine requirements complete" option.

My old doctor easily gave me a new form using information from old form plus after giving me hte new vaccine. What you can do is go to a new doctor, ask them to transfer the records from the old doctor (ask old doctor to fax that) and get the new form from new doctor.

In my opinion, its OKAY TO GO TO NEW DOCTOR. ALL YOU NEED TO ENSURE IS HE/SHE IS CIVIL SURGEON from INS APPROVED FACILITY.
THis time, I went back to same facility as before, I didnt even cared if the sign on my form is from same civil surgeon or not. It just doesnt matter. Its your record that matters.