Question on procedure at POE

sashah

Registered Users (C)
Hi Friends,

I just got my immigrant visa petition approved and entered the country at Dallas/Ft. Worth. At the POE, the immigration officer asked me for the finger printing and sign my full name on the form. At that time, I signed my full name (not my usual signature) on this form.

I talked to few friends and none of us know, if they use this signed signature for the plastic card or they use the signature from the photo or other docs.

If any of you have run into the same problem, please advise if this can be a problem or not. If this is a problem, what needs to be done. Your response is really appreciated.

Thanks.

Your signature also makes it to the plastic.. On the back of the card in the secure strip it appears alongside your photo and A#..

I dont know if it comes from the signed photo or the form.. I would guess from the photo but we'll find out soon enough.. Let us know when you get the card !!

Also, whatever shows up on the plastic, I dont believe you will have a problem.. Noone will compare the signature on the card to anything else..

Re: Signature

Hi Friends,

I received reply from another friend of mine who entered the country at DFW, and she was asked to do the same thing.

I called the immigration dept at DFW and they did not care about it. The officer just said that whatever was told to you to do is correct. When I asked the question about the signature on the card, he did not provide any answer.

If anyone has any ideas, please pass it along.

Thanks.

Re: Signature on Plastic Card

Hi Friends,

The signature on the plastic card is the imprint of the full name, which was taken at the POE.

-Sam