Question on PR Holder re-entering to Canada by road…

divakarap

Registered Users (C)
Question on PR Holder re-entering to Canada by road…

I am PR Card Holder of Canada. Right now I am in USA. If I go back to Canada by road, is they stamp anything in my passport?

Any body can explain the process?

Thanks

Diva

They will scan your PR card and probably ask how long you were out of the country. I think they will not stamp your passport (although I am not absolutely sure).

:cool:

Hi clearsky

May i know what is scanning of PR Card? If i say i went to USA last week, how they trace?

Can you please explain me in detail....

Thanks

Remember , you have to prove your residency in canada for PR and citizenship purposes and not CIC . So if you are not "living" in canada it might be difficult to prove it

Can they mail your PR Card?

Hi! Guys:

I am a Canadian resident living in US. I applied for PR Card and came back to US.

My PR card is ready to be picked up from Toronto office.

My question is:

CAN THEY MAIL ME MY PR CARD AT MY CANADIAN/US ADDRESS?

If yes, where and whom should I contact? I know CIC Call center phone #s which only works if you are calling from within Canada.

Any emails/fax #s or Ph #s which can work from US for this issue?

Thank you.

Mayank Dave

I am a Canadian resident living in US. I applied for PR Card and came back to US.

My PR card is ready to be picked up from Toronto office.

My question is:

CAN THEY MAIL ME MY PR CARD AT MY CANADIAN/US ADDRESS?

----- I hope you landed before June 28, 2002 and applied PR card from Canada if that is true then you have to go to CIC Toronto 55 St Clair Avenue East to pick up your PR card. If you missed the PR pick up date still you can pick up the PR card, take the letter for PR Card pick and other documents. PR card is sent by mail to those who landed or are landing after 28 June 2003

If yes, where and whom should I contact? I know CIC Call center phone #s which only works if you are calling from within Canada.

Any emails/fax #s or Ph #s which can work from US for this issue?
---- You cannot call from US

Ginnu:

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, I have landed in July 2000 and has been coming back and forth.

So I need to pick up PR Card personally...is that true?

Is there anyway I can talk/email/fax them...so they can send/mail without me coming 2 Canada?

Thanks.

Mayank

Bhand:

Thanks for your reply.

I don't have their address/fax #/email...

I just have ph #s of CIC Call Center, which works only if you are in Canada.

Any info?

Thanks.

Mayank Dave

Ginnu:

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, I have landed in July 2000 and has been coming back and forth.

So I need to pick up PR Card personally...is that true?
------------- You have to pick up the card PERSONALY visiting Toronto CIC office
Is there anyway I can talk/email/fax them...so they can send/mail without me coming 2 Canada?
----- NO, they will NOT send your card by mail to US or to Canada address by mail as you landed before 28 June 2002

Hi,
I have had my Immigration visa stamped and received the landing papers.
I would like to go by road to Canada (from Buffalo Border) and then come back to USA within a week. My question is when I enter canada from USA will I have to surrender I94 and then get a new I94 on coming back?
I have been to Canada 4 times in the last 3 years and have never surrendered I94. I have always entered US back onteh same I94. Does it change any how if i eneter Canada as Permanent resident?

What have been your experience.

Also, I wil apply for PR card at port of entry using my relatives address and then I plan to come back to USA. Can my relative mail me the PR to USA and I can enter on it when I want to go back to Canada/

I have had my Immigration visa stamped and received the landing papers.
I would like to go by road to Canada (from Buffalo Border) and then come back to USA within a week.
My question is when I enter Canada from USA will I have to surrender I94 and then get a new I94 on coming back?
----- Canada immigration will Not ask you to surrender I-94, if your trip to Canada is lees than 30 days you can be back to US with same I-94
I have been to Canada 4 times in the last 3 years and have never surrendered I94. I have always entered US back on teh same I94. Does it change any how if i eneter Canada as Permanent resident?
------- Same, no changes you can enter US with same I-94
I have read some posts and found that the I94 was not taken when they entered.
----- Canada immigration is not going to ask I-94 it belongs to US not to Canada
Was anyone asked to surrender I94
----- I don’t know

Also, I will apply for PR card at port of entry using my relatives address and then I plan to come back to USA. Can my relative mail me the PR to USA and I can enter on it when I want to go back to Canada/
---- Your PR card will be mailed to Canada address after 4-8 weeks, your friend relative can mail the PR card to you in US by FedEx (ask him to keep the copy of PR card both sides because if you miss you will have record) , after you get Pr card you can enter with PR card in Canada
**** At the time of landing ask the officer if the Photograph is OK for PR card or let him take new Photograph because many get the letter that Photograph is not good for PR so in that case one has to again go to CIC local office in Canada for photograph to be taken. Make sure it the time of landing that photograph is OK for PR card, asks the officer and make sure.