Question on PP stamping.

SantoGC

Registered Users (C)
My I485 was filed in VSC. My address in file is CT. Currently I live in Seattle. Can I go for pp stamping in Seattle local center or do I need to get it done in CT.

No I did not report the change of address to VSC. Would it be an issue to get a stamping elsewhere other than the address on file.

Hi SantoGC
As per law we need to inform INS with AR11 within 10 days after our move. i.e. if it is a permanent move.
I am wondering which address you got your approval notice? Present or to the old address.

I guess is take the approval notice to the local CIS ( INS ) and give a try

Elias

Its like this. I am a consultant and keep changing projects at different locations. Right now i am in SEA. My Permanant address is still CT.

Hi SantoGC,
It should be ok for you to go to the INS consulate in Seattle. If you have not yet sent your AR-11, they will ask you to fill it and send it. I was in a similar situation. I lived in Denver and moved to Houston and received the approval notice within a week of my move. I had submitted the AR-11 within the first week.
When I went to the INS office in Houston, they stamped my passport and suggested that I fill the AR-11 form. When I said that I had already done that, they congratulated me and I was on my way. Hope that helps answer your question.
Bumble