Question on Photos for OCI.

aravind741

Registered Users (C)
it says 3.5 cms and I converted into inches and it is 1.38 in approx. so it looks like it is a Stamp size photos. is that correct?

if the photos were not up to the measurements?

My reply was based on personal (and successful) experience. There has been a lot of discussion on photo specs in various threads on this forum and I haven't heard of a single case where standard passport photos were rejected.

if the photos were not up to the measurements?

If you want specific size, there is a URL. I am not sure if its ok to put URLs here. Search for epassportphoto dot com. Upload your 2X2. Select India and it will give you a sheet with 6 3.5 x 3.5. Save that to disk, upload to your favourite online photo shop like Costco,walgreens etc. They charge anywhere from 7c to 25cents for one 4X6. Hope this helps. I am speaking from my own experience as well.

Any body else please post your experience with photos.

I am not sure what you are looking for. Could you let us know the consulate you are planning to apply to? CGI SF clearly states that 2 X 2 is acceptable.
http://www.cgisf.org/oc/OCI_FAQS.html
Item #10
Two passport size(2" inches X 2" inches) photographs

They are not so specific about the sizes as much as about the details. Face should be centred and not too big as compared to the rest etc. White background or light background is ok. Again based on my personal experience. AKGARG the moderator has also indicated that its ok.

I used 2x2 " photos for sending to SF. Basically i used online tools, took my own photos using digital camera at home. Online/desktop software helps in putting 6 2x2" on a 6x4" photos. Upload to costco or walgreen and print for 20c (6 passport size photos). Each passport size comes to around 3 cents. comapre this to ritz.

everything was fine and photos stamped to Uvisa and oci card.