Question on passport stamping

TrafikLite

Registered Users (C)
How much time does one have, to get the passport stamped from the date of i485 notice ?
Is it similar to finger printing, that you have a set appointment date and time ?
(I am planning to be out the country whole month of December. There could be a very very very slim chance of
getting it end of November or December)

No Title

My I485 approval notice did not have a deadline to get PP stamped nor did it have a date and time to get PP stamped.
MY FP did not have a appointed date and time, but it did have a deadline to get FP done.

some of my friends did get a date and time for GC Interview.But once ur I-485 is approved, u do not have a deadline to get it stamped. PP stamping is a temporary GC for one year till u get your plastic Card.
If u delay ur Pp stamping, ur plastic card will be dealyed too.
--hope this helps

No Title

I would recommend to get ur stamping done ASAP. Do not delay for this would affect ur plastic card arrival.

No Title

They don\'t order your plastic card until you get your passport stamped. This is because they collect your photos and a fingerprint for the plastic card at the same time you get stamped. So get your passport stamped asap.

No Title

Hi,
Me and my wife stamped our passport at Boston on 28th Oct 2000, with the original approval notice, which was received by lawyer first then he forwared to us.
After two days we received one curtesy copy by mail. But it was for my wife only i did not received the copy of approval notice.

Since my passport is already stamped, Do still i need a copy of approval notice for record.

Or Can i call INS/Lawyer to get another copy of approval notice.

Thanks,
Nikita