question on passport stamping

febwoe1

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

Both my wife's and my 485 approved late last month (details below). I will have my PP stamped soon. However I do have a couple of questions. My wife works in CA and she is the primary applicant. So our case was processed at CSC. I am currently working in Ohio. The approval notice tells me to go to SF to get stamp. I read a thread saying that the office may ask your current working location. Will that be a problem if I tell them I am working in Ohio (my H1B approval notice also clearly stated this)? Can I ask the card to be mailed to my Ohio address (I only used my wife's address during the GC application process)?

Here is our case details:
WAC04156xxxxx
EB1b
I-140:
RD:5Mar03
AD:27Mar04

I-485:
RD:10May04
Priority date: 5Mar03
AD: 27Oct04
FP: 15July04

No RFE

You'll not have any problems with stamping, they will not ask any questions while stamping and even if they ask you can tell them about your current working location.

Everything went smoothly, except a littel "scare" when passing through the security. The guard looked at my driver's licence and starts to murmur "mmm, Ohio...". Didn't sound too good so my wife starts to explain that I was not the primary applicant. The guard stopped her before she can even finish a sentence with "NO NO NO NO NO NO NO No Problem!" quite an experience or what?
Thanks

febwoe1 said:
Everything went smoothly, except a littel "scare" when passing through the security. The guard looked at my driver's licence and starts to murmur "mmm, Ohio...". Didn't sound too good so my wife starts to explain that I was not the primary applicant. The guard stopped her before she can even finish a sentence with "NO NO NO NO NO NO NO No Problem!" quite an experience or what?
Thanks

Febwoe1,

Do we need to take two appointments for both myself and my wife or taking one appoitment through infopass should be ok as both of us will be going together?

nsr

You need two appoints even though you are going together. You can try to reserve the same time slot.

It may not be a good idea to inform them that you are staying in Ohio. Most probably they will not ask any question. If they ask you your current address, inform them about CA address.

-Honeybee
:)

aajtak:
thanks for the advise. I realized that too during stamping. I took the orignia notice for stamping, and the address shown on that is my lawyer's. The officer simply pointed to the notice and asked "same address, no change?" and I told him "yes".