Question on moving after filing application

kashabasha

Registered Users (C)
Hello,

I reside in Florida. I am planning to apply for OCI at CGI Houston. During the process, if I have to move to a new job that is outside CGI Houston serving area, will my file be transfered to a new CGI/Embassy servng that area or does my application stay with CGI Houston? Thank you.

kb

Hello,

I reside in Florida. I am planning to apply for OCI at CGI Houston. During the process, if I have to move to a new job that is outside CGI Houston serving area, will my file be transfered to a new CGI/Embassy servng that area or does my application stay with CGI Houston? Thank you.

kb

I really doubt that your application will be moved to a different CGI. The CGI offices do not work like USCIS ones. Once you have filed - it stays with that CGI. If you are unsure about your residence and you think that there is a good chance of relocation in the near future, a simple suggestion would be to give the address of a close friend or relative living close to you, so that if they have to mail back your passports etc (eventually, after stamping), you atleast have a "safe" address to send to. Unless of course, you are considering going to the Houston CGI personally to collect it ....