Question on H4 to H1B visa stamping

vasd0001

Registered Users (C)
Hi all,

Here is my situation. I am on H1B visa valid till Oct 31st. I work for a University right now. I am planning to transfer my H1B to a Company A. My wife is on H4 status right now. She has applied for H1B thru a consulting company B. She will get her H1B approved soon. We are planning to visit India in Jan 2007

Here are my questions.

1) Is it safe to visit Canada for visa stamping for me and my wife?

2) If we go to India, how safe is to get H1B stamped for my wife. She has masters degree from India.

3) Can we just not tell visa officer about her H1B approval and get her H4 visa stamped along with my H1B?

Thanks for your help

vasd0001 said:
Hi all,

Here is my situation. I am on H1B visa valid till Oct 31st. I work for a University right now. I am planning to transfer my H1B to a Company A. My wife is on H4 status right now. She has applied for H1B thru a consulting company B. She will get her H1B approved soon. We are planning to visit India in Jan 2007

Here are my questions.

1) Is it safe to visit Canada for visa stamping for me and my wife?
----------- you can try
2) If we go to India, how safe is to get H1B stamped for my wife. She has masters degree from India.
-------------she can
3) Can we just not tell visa officer about her H1B approval and get her H4 visa stamped along with my H1B?
----------- if she gets H4 stamp and enter US with H4 status and I-94 with H4 status she cant work. if she wants to be on H1 she needs to enter on H1 status and will need H1 visa stamp to enter US
Thanks for your help
-