Question on H1-B revalidation in India

heads_turner

Hi,

I recently came across a travel advisory issued by a company in the bay area.
==============================================
When an employee applies for the visa stamp at
the U.S. Consulates or Embassies abroad, during a business
or personal trip, they are required to submit employment
verification and non-immigrant documentation. Please be
aware that the U.S. Consulates and Embassies are requesting
security clearances from the U.S. Department of State before
issuing the visa stamp for re-entry. The security clearance
process can take up to two to three months, or more. As a
result of this delay, employees might have to remain outside
the U.S. for an unpredictable amount of time.
==============================================

Wanted to know if you know of H1-B revalidation cases that have taken longer than 2-3 weeks to get approved.

Thanks.

H1 reval also. A colleague of mine (on vacation from USA) is stranded in Bangalore for more than 4 weeks b'coz Chennai consulate is sitting on his H1 revalidation.

Last edited by a moderator:
Raj,

Did your friend apply for his visa recently ?
Rather can you please tell me when he filed
for his visa ?

Thanks !

Originally posted by raj574
H1 reval also. A colleague of mine (on vacation from USA) is stranded in Bangalore for more than 4 weeks b'coz Chennai consulate is sitting on his H1 revalidation.

Hi,
There are many people who have problems in their H1 Revalidation too. I know a person who has been waiting for more than 6 months in India. I have been waiting for the last 3 months. This is an endless wait and we all donno what to do next. Because of this, we are going thru enormous pain coz most of these people who are stuck here are in project/job and have their apt, car, etc in US.
So, please plan ahead and get your visas revalidated in St. Louis before venturing out a trip outside US. Well, for others in F1->H1 or H4->H1, you dont have any options. Pray to God to get your visas without any problems.
Venky