Question on FP date, too early?

becomingcitizen

Registered Users (C)
Hi folks,
Finally I got my FP letter, after almost a month of wait after receiving my NOA letter.

Now it says my FP date is 12/16/09, and my 5-year eligibility is 02/10/10 (GC has residence since 02/10/05). Therefore, I'm thinking if I go do the FP, which is tomorrow, is that too EARLY? The reason I ask is that I heard some people submitted the FP evidence and then it turned out that time for interview is still before their 5 year mark, so they then further pushed the interview time back which actually delays the whole process. Just like lots other folks, I submitted my N-400 right at about the 90-day time prior to my 5 year, anyway, I just want to ask if I should be concerned.

Also, on the FP letter, they said I can come in at the same time at each following Wednesday, I wonder if I decide to go at a later date, do I have to call them everytime? or just show up at the local support center?

Thank you.

What is your DO? I think you are fine if you FP tommorrow because they give you 5-6 weeks b4 your interview. If you really want to be safe, do your fp on 12/30/09.

What is your DO? I think you are fine if you FP tommorrow because they give you 5-6 weeks b4 your interview. If you really want to be safe, do your fp on 12/30/09.

Thank you. Sorry I'm new here. What do you mean by DO?

I think I'll give another two weeks, it's also really very short of a notice (two days before FP date I received the mail).

Also, I checked the website for each support location, it says that for public service you need to have an appointment made. But on my FP letter, it says that if I can't make it at the assigned date, I may go on any following Wednesday at the same time. I don't know if I need to make appointment for that, and I tried to search on internet, and I just can't find the contact number for the local support center.

DO - District Office.

And you should be fine, go tomorrow, and you will be fine, As far as it goes, your oath ceremony will be scheduled after your 5 year mark which is 02/10/10.
As wantmygreencard said it's taking at lest 4 weeks between FP and ID. Might take slightly more time, it's all depends on your District Office

And if you can't attend scheduled appointment for any reason, just give a call to Customer Service toll free#, it should be on your Notice Letter(I-797)

Good Luck

If you don't go tommorrow for your fp, you can go anytime on a Wednesday, you don't need to make an appointment.