Question on filling up I-864 - Q8(part3) and Q21(Part5)

swap81

Registered Users (C)
Hi all.
I recently became a US citizen and am filing for my husband who is on H1-B. While filling out the affidavit of support,

Under Part3, Question 8 - would i have to check both "I am sponsoring the prinicipal immigrant named in Part 2 above" and also the checkbox for "Yes"? The instructions for the form are kind of confusing because it says "This only applies to cases with two joint sponsors..."(page 5)

For question 21, i am entering 1 in a and the rest as zeroes. Is this correct?

Finally, since my husband is on H1-B we are leaving the A# as blank.

We would really appreciate if someone with similar cases or otherwise can guide us.

Hi all.
I recently became a US citizen and am filing for my husband who is on H1-B. While filling out the affidavit of support,

Under Part3, Question 8 - would i have to check both "I am sponsoring the prinicipal immigrant named in Part 2 above" and also the checkbox for "Yes"? The instructions for the form are kind of confusing because it says "This only applies to cases with two joint sponsors..."(page 5)

For question 21, i am entering 1 in a and the rest as zeroes. Is this correct?

Finally, since my husband is on H1-B we are leaving the A# as blank.

We would really appreciate if someone with similar cases or otherwise can guide us.

Swap 81,
We are going through the same process. I filed for my wife' GC.

Question 8, check the YES box.
Question 21a, Enter '1' in the box and 21b the '1' in the box should be pre-printed.
Yes, leave the A# blank. H1 people usually do not have A#s. Unless he came through F1-->OPT--> H1 route.

I know its a painful process to fill these forms up. :) Goodluck

Prasad

Thanks a lot for your reply Prasad.
My husband is here the F1-->CPT-->H1 route. Will he still have an A#?

So there will be two checks for Q8. For the question itself and the yes?

Thanks again.

864-ez

I found 864-EZ to be simpler, since I was sponsoring only 1 person and can document my income. So I used 864-EZ.