question on filing I-130 for my wife

maradona

Registered Users (C)
buddies, I am new here and have some questions on applying greencard for my wife.

I am a US citizen, but my wife has NEVER been in the US b4. I read the uscis website and it looks that I only need to file I-130 and G-325A for the time being and I-864 later on, but I saw many guys here filed I-864 together with I-130, and some other forms like I-131, I-485, I-693, I-765 and etc. I am confused and would like to know:

1. do I have to file I-864 together with I-130 or I have to wait for further notification then file? what is the benefit of filing I-864 together with I-130?

2. since my wife NEVER came to the US, do I need to file I-485, I-131, I-693 and I-765 together with I-130?

please advise, thanks so much in advance!

thanks guys!

from the info from you guys and from the forms that I read last night, I guess I don't need to (or I can not) file I-485/131/765/693/864 for the time being since my wife is not in the US.

thanks guys!

from the info from you guys and from the forms that I read last night, I guess I don't need to (or I can not) file I-485/131/765/693/864 for the time being since my wife is not in the US.

Follow the guides. At some point you WILL have to file I-864

buddy, my impression is that I only need to file I-130/G-325A for the time being, and later on file I-864 when it is mailed to me from NVC, the national visa center, when an immigrant visa number becomes available for my wife (in her case, it should be immediately available). am I right?

thanks!

buddy, my impression is that I only need to file I-130/G-325A for the time being, and later on file I-864 when it is mailed to me from NVC, the national visa center, when an immigrant visa number becomes available for my wife (in her case, it should be immediately available). am I right?

thanks!

Yup. :rolleyes: