Question on Employment status...

ari4u

Registered Users (C)
I was employed last year and i submitted my federal tax returns with the affidavit of support as a proof of financial status and how much i earn. I have w-2's and IRS transcripts to support the affidavit. Last october i quit my job and am self employed now. Though i make more money now than what i made when i was employed, i dont have proof to show when asked during the interview. I dont have my W-2 (from Jan - Sep) or 1099 (from Oct - Dec) yet and my interview is in 2 days. I know a lot of people start their own business or become self employed once they get their EAD, so how did you deal with this situation? If it helps, i have the contract with my company which shows my estimated earnings and i also have my invoices and payment receipts. Whats your opinion?

ari4u said:
I was employed last year and i submitted my federal tax returns with the affidavit of support as a proof of financial status and how much i earn. I have w-2's and IRS transcripts to support the affidavit. Last october i quit my job and am self employed now. Though i make more money now than what i made when i was employed, i dont have proof to show when asked during the interview. I dont have my W-2 (from Jan - Sep) or 1099 (from Oct - Dec) yet and my interview is in 2 days. I know a lot of people start their own business or become self employed once they get their EAD, so how did you deal with this situation? If it helps, i have the contract with my company which shows my estimated earnings and i also have my invoices and payment receipts. Whats your opinion?
At the interview they usually ask for the current tax return. But, since you haven't filed your taxes for 2005 yet, I think what you have is planty.
Best of luck!

Anahit said:
At the interview they usually ask for the current tax return. But, since you haven't filed your taxes for 2005 yet, I think what you have is planty.
Best of luck!

thanks :) Ill carry what i can, i dont have much choice now.

What you can bring are bills from your new business and of course by law you still are in time with your 2005 tax return and you can explain that you started a new business, get all the info about it so you can demostrate it.
And bring your last bank account balance that can match since when you are starting receiving more money!
Good luck, You will be FINE!!!

hey air4u,

Just saw that you have your interview scheduled for tomm. ALL THE BEST !!!! Please do share your experience about how it went. !!!

All the best ari4u.Just a suggestion.If u have got ur W-2s for 2005,why dont u file ur taxes immediately,before ur interview?U can then,take ur transcripts.

tapskap said:
All the best ari4u.Just a suggestion.If u have got ur W-2s for 2005,why dont u file ur taxes immediately,before ur interview?U can then,take ur transcripts.
I guess Ari is busy today. I'll answer for him. :)
He hasn't gotten his W-2, 1099 for 2005 yet (read the first post on this thread).

Last edited by a moderator:
Anahit said:
I guess Ari is busy today. I'll answer for him. :)
He hasn't gotten his W-2, 1099 for 2005 yet (read the first post on this thread).
Well.In that case,his paystubs or the bank statements are the only things he can carry.

Cheers.