GreenDesi

Registered Users (C)
Does anybody know if EAD cards get forwarded to the new address
by the post office? If not what is the remedy? I have informed the
INS of the address change. Right now AVM says EAD card was mailed on
11/23 but I have not received it yet.

Address Change Is a big Issue

Greendesi,
I too am in a similar situation. My wifes EAD has been approved (according to AVM ). And it seems like it has gone to the Old Address.
I applied EAD by myself and it should be due to my new address soon.
I have been sending Fax to the INS-Liguna Niguelon a continous basis ( 2 so far ). The lawyer is useless. There is no response yet.
I have also Gone to my old residential address and Asked the tenants
to contact me if they recieve one. They have acknowledged this.
I suggest you send a mail to your old address and tell them about
your case. I guess By law if you dont recieve your card within 14 days,You can go to the INS, SFO to have the passport stamp. Please verify this with other cases on this site
Anil

Thanks

Thanks Anil.
Hopefully INS just mailed the approval notice and not the card!
Me or my lawyer will do something before the actual card is mailed.

address change issue

Hi,

We call many times to change address and also verified with them twice with A number. But today we received EAD with the old address. We are lucky that EAD were forwarded to our new address. It seems that even if you change address according to your A number, it will not change your EAD address. Anyone have such experience?

Address problems Unfortunate

Guys,

If INS mails EAD to old address, post office would forward it only if you have put in a request to forward.
Post office handles it just like any other unregistered letter. If INS itself posts to an invalid address
( city name wrong or zipcode wrong ) then EAD will be returned back to INS from post office as there
wont be any location corresponding to that address. The worst thing is INS discards all the returned
mails. Applicant has to reapply. In case of EAD, going to nearest INS office would be a better choice
rather than reapplying at CSC if EAD gets lost in mail. If a letter returns back to INS, AVM will be
updated with that information. It takes about two to three weeks from the approval date for such a
thing to happen. I have been through this unfortunate situation of getting EAD lost in mail.

Corsair chap

GreenDesi, EAD approval notice comes with card itself

So if the approval notice is lost, the card is lost too.

address change

I had also the address change. and my EAD card went to old address as i did not update INS with my new address change. But i got the EAD approval notice and the card in the same cover forwarded by post office. But my finget print notice did not get forwarded and the mail man left it at my old address mail box stand. so one of my friends(who lives at the same old apartment) looked at it and intimated me. So be careful. watch at old and new addresses. and also call up INS number and inform about the change of address and they will enter the info in the computer over the phone. I did update my address over the phone call with INS

SRS