Question on E-filing of Advance Parole.

CdSlc

Hi,

I am in the process of efiling my AP, and while going through the efile procedure, I had couple of doubts. Would appreciate a lot if I can get some answer.

1. What is this "Class of Admission"? Is this the status that I last entered US? Last time when I entered US, I had used my Advance Parole, so my I94 says "Adjustment of Status", so should I enter this into this field.
My wife had used her H1B last time to enter US, so her I94 says "H1B", but couple of months back her H1B got expired, so she started using her EAD. So technically she is no longer on H1B even though her I94 says "H1B", she is also right now in "AOS". So what will this field be for her?

2. What is this "Family Name"? Is it what we call as the "Last Name"?

3. What is this "Given Name"? Is it what we call as the "First Name"?

4. What about "Social Security Number"? The form says enter if you have it. Myself and my wife both have SSN, but is it necessary to enter it even though its not a mandatory field in the efile process?

5. At the end of process, it talks about this... "On a separate piece of paper, please explain how you would qualify for an Advance Parole and what circumstances warrant issuance of Advance Parole. Include copies of any documents you wish considered. (See instructions.)" Now what exactly should I write in this "separate piece of paper"?? Any ideas? Something like "I need AP since I wish to travel to India for vacation and will be coming back within a month", something of that sort?

Also, after efiling, I will need to mail the supporting documents to INS. So is this list of documents enough for AP?
1. Confirmation Recipet Notice that we get at the end of efiling procedure.
2. Xerox of Drivers License
3. Xerox of Passport
4. Xerox of I485 receipt notice
5. Xerox of I140 approval notice
6. Xerox of last AP
7. Two Photographs
Do I need to send anything more??

Thanks a lot.

Thats good enough

Its seems like you are sending the right documents.
Also for your wife use "AOS" in the Class of Admission field.

I have efiled Advance Parole today. I am going to send the supporting documentation tomorrow. I hope you get your AP soon