Question on DS-3032

c0de

Registered Users (C)
Greetings all,
My sister residing in the US has received today the DS-3032 and the Affidavit of support processing fee bill. and just like they said before May kicked in (i'm current in May's Visa Bulletin). I understand that i have to personally sign the DS-3032 but the problem is that i am not in the US, so it'll need some time to get here by mail sign it and send it back.
my question is as follows: is it okay for them to sign it for me ? will that be held against me if future signatures do not match 100 %.
second question let's say we gain time and mail it sunday evening, how fast should i expect the NVC to send me back the IV processing bill, and the I-864 ? and how far am I from the appointment ?

Thank you very much for any contribution.

PS: i'm an F2A applicant who is current

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think your sister can sign it for you. Unless you're a minor and your sister is your guardian, she can sign it. Just a suggestion. Can't your sister scan the document, then email it to you? Then you can sign it yourself and Fedex it. NVC will receive it within 5 days. In my case, I signed all the documents for my minor children who are outside the country. And I just enclosed in a parenthesis that I'm the mother.

There's usually atleast 2 weeks they send out the next set of documents from the time they receive your last packet. This is based on my experience. But that is if your agent is here in US. They recommended to have all documents send here in US so the turn-over will be faster.

Greetings all,
My sister residing in the US has received today the DS-3032 and the Affidavit of support processing fee bill. and just like they said before May kicked in (i'm current in May's Visa Bulletin). I understand that i have to personally sign the DS-3032 but the problem is that i am not in the US, so it'll need some time to get here by mail sign it and send it back.
my question is as follows: is it okay for them to sign it for me ? will that be held against me if future signatures do not match 100 %.
second question let's say we gain time and mail it sunday evening, how fast should i expect the NVC to send me back the IV processing bill, and the I-864 ? and how far am I from the appointment ?

Thank you very much for any contribution.

PS: i'm an F2A applicant who is current