Question on Children's Approval.

Reggie

Registered Users (C)
Hi all,
Online status for myself and wife shows that the cases have been approved on 3/30/2004. For children it shows, case not found. Is it usual? Anybody got the similar message?
Thanks

Please share if you have similar exp.

Children status shows that the cases were not found. Any body having the similar experience, please let me know.

nothing to worry

Hi Reggie

Nothing to worry. Same messages flashed for my daughter too.
The message changed in this order
1. At this time no record found (wordings are different)
2. The case was approved on some date and a new card has been ordered.
3. The case was approved and a notice was sent on such date
etc.

Finally the notice came and in the notice they mentioned that
they have ordered a new card and it will be arriving soon.

In my case they asked me to take some documents to the nearest center etc....

For my wife unofortunately they transferred the case to local
office (Boston).

Today I went to the local office and got my passport stamped and
also for my daughter too without any problem.

Sekar
Boston

Reggie,
Same for me. My and my spouse's message changed to 'Approved'. In my children's case it indicated 'case not found'. Within three days, we received approval notices(courtesy copies) for all in mail. Yesterday we got our passport stamped at Hartford office without any problems. Did not take our kids with us.
Thanks
-TRISAM

Trisam,
So, we do not need to get the Children's passport stamped at all? Are they supposed to get directly Plastic Cards with Picture on it?

Reggie,
You do need to get children's passport stamped. Go with two photos of each of your children, their passports, I-94 and approval notices. They will stamp children's passports if you have these documents. The point I wanted to make is that you do not have to take the children with you to USCIS office as their finger prints are not required. I hope you are clear now.
Thanks
-TRISAM

depends on cases

Hi guys

Only a guess>

It seems if the kid is 5 yrs or above they need photographs.
Otherwise probably they send directly the card.
We had our AP approved just few weeks earlier and so they
might take the kids photo from there.

In the local office they specifically enquired whether the kid is
below 5 yrs. (they wanted to know how many months left , before it is 5 years?).

May be something to do with 5 yrs.
My daughter was 4.5 yrs.

Sekar

I have just noticed online for both my children the status changed as follows:
"On March 31, 2004, after approving your application, we ordered you a new card. Your card will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready."

Trisam,
I do not know, if I have to get childrens' passports stamped?

Anybody have similar experience????

Reggie

The case is similar as mine (please read my first posting).
The status what you are seeing will change again and
it will be very similar to your status. All of you will get
the notice and you all can go to the local office and get your
passport stamped (including the child.....nothing wrong).

You and your wife has to take two photographs along
with I-485 approval, I-94 and passport.

Sekar

Reggie,
kSekar is right. You should get your children's passports also stamped. You don't loose anything in getting their passports signed. When I went for stamping, I had my children's photographs also with me and they took them.
Thanks
-TRISAM

Do you know how to get FP for kid who is going to be 14 years old soon during pending of I-485?
VSC automatically will send FP notice? or have we request them to send it? Anyone experienced this kind of case before?

Originally posted by Dreamcometrue
Do you know how to get FP for kid who is going to be 14 years old soon during pending of I-485?
VSC automatically will send FP notice? or have we request them to send it? Anyone experienced this kind of case before?

I have the same question. My child would be 14 in another 4 months. All of us got approvals. Will the BCIS send another request for FP? Do we need to do it proactively.

Originally posted by trisam
Reggie,
kSekar is right. You should get your children's passports also stamped. You don't loose anything in getting their passports signed. When I went for stamping, I had my children's photographs also with me and they took them.
Thanks
-TRISAM

No, if they say it is not required to stamp for the kid and the card will automatically come, why in the world we have to get the stamping for kid? Do we have any advantage, even on the approval for the kid, it doesn't say that it needs to be stamped, where as it says for us (parents).

no where it says but we ought to know it

Hi guys

I don't understand why people don't agree with something which does not take any extra effort (stamping a kid's passport).
It would be of great help in a situation like this.
I got my passport stamped along with my daughter's case.
I have an emergency travel to India this week but I couldn't
travel via British Airways because of a transit visa problem.

Imagine if I had waited for my daughter's card to be mailed I cannot make an emergency travel via British Airways ($200 cheaper per ticket and $600 for my family.... money is
not important for emergencies anyway....). The stamp is valid for one year and this will be very useful within this year if by chance we loose the green card somewhere during travel or anywhere.
(one of my friends got into this problem last year when he lost his green card while travelling in India and had to make extra effort to enter USA). We can enter or go
out of USA with the temporary stamping for one year period. (we can also argue for the sake of argument what if we loose the passport). My point here is not to offend anybody but to make a genuine and possible scenario where we might be taken for a ride. Why get into such a scenario if we don't need to do any extra effort in getting a child's passport stamped.

As a Physicist myself, I always record any minor data even if it is
not critical. To me stamping a kid's passport is a very useful data though it is minor. Anyway people are all not the same.

I am sorry if I had offended anyone but this is just a forum to
share our views and so please don't take it otherway.

Sekar
Boston

Re:

Originally posted by kSekar
Hi guys

I don't understand why people don't agree with something which does not take any extra effort (stamping a kid's passport).
It would be of great help in a situation like this.
I got my passport stamped along with my daughter's case.
I have an emergency travel to India this week but I couldn't
travel via British Airways because of a transit visa problem.

Imagine if I had waited for my daughter's card to be mailed I cannot make an emergency travel via British Airways ($200 cheaper per ticket and $600 for my family.... money is
not important for emergencies anyway....). The stamp is valid for one year and this will be very useful within this year if by chance we loose the green card somewhere during travel or anywhere.
(one of my friends got into this problem last year when he lost his green card while travelling in India and had to make extra effort to enter USA). We can enter or go
out of USA with the temporary stamping for one year period. (we can also argue for the sake of argument what if we loose the passport). My point here is not to offend anybody but to make a genuine and possible scenario where we might be taken for a ride. Why get into such a scenario if we don't need to do any extra effort in getting a child's passport stamped.

As a Physicist myself, I always record any minor data even if it is
not critical. To me stamping a kid's passport is a very useful data though it is minor. Anyway people are all not the same.

I am sorry if I had offended anyone but this is just a forum to
share our views and so please don't take it otherway.

Sekar
Boston

I agree with KSekar. There is nothing we are losing by getting the passports stamped.