question on cancelling/reapplying I-140

svani

Registered Users (C)
I am relatively new to this forum, and need some help in understanding a question.

My employer applied for I-140 just last month. My employer is suggesting me to go in AOS route because they think the concurrent filing would be processed faster with the newer USCIS changes. But I am now thinking of going in CP route instead.

Should I now cancel my earlier I-140 and apply again in the CP route? How long is the current waiting time for CP at Chennai after the I-140 gets approved?

svani,

I am not sure...why you are intending to cancel the filling.And you checkout this URL http://www.murthy.com/news/n_newpro.html ,there are new proceedures for concurrent filing of I-140/I-485, 485 is approved first and then 140 is adjudicated.And one should be sure that they'll not change their mind to CP.Please consult your lawyer (research )on this new proceedure before adopting them.

And waiting time for CP after I-140 is 6-7 months in total.

Originally posted by svani
IShould I now cancel my earlier I-140 and apply again in the CP route? How long is the current waiting time for CP at Chennai after the I-140 gets approved?

If you go with the orig 140(presumably AOS), you would not benifit much as Chennai is hard to impress upon for AC140 cases.

I am thinking of opting for CP, as I do not know how the new policies on Concurrent filing are going to get implemented. If I take the CP route, it would be approx 6-8months of I-140+6-8 months of waiting for Chennai consulate. That is approx less than 1-1/2 years of waiting.

If I take the 485 route, it can be anywhere upto 3 years or more. But my employer is still not willing to do CP.

If your consualate is bombay/delhi,then you could chose AOS option in I-140 and after the approval you should file for 485 and then apply for AC-140.And is also kind of quicker like regular CP path.But again,it will be upto the consulate to accept AC-140 case unlike the regular ones.

ac:

svani has issues in convincing the employer for CP. That's a tough nut to crack.

I would suggest having a dialouge with the employer as to "WHY" and then try to convince them.